23 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by AltiTude Ram
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

R4L wrote:I don't either, but they will have options in FA after they make some cuts.

I do see a few cuts coming and I hate to say it but Mathews is an obvious one.

I think the bigger move will come with the restructuring of contracts. Paying players later and guaranteeing money.

The cap will be increasing and Ramsey needs to get paid. The Rams need to find money in the couch cushions until the numbers get settled.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:We need 5 OLine studs for us to be Offensively successful in 2020 and IMO we are 4 studs short!!! :(
yes, you have a VERY valid point. On the other hand, I think one of the HUGE factors of the 2019 Rams was the lack of maturity of the Rams TE's and rookie RB (ahem Henderson) to understand the short passing game. Too often the O-Line had to defend the QB for long passing routes.

In today's game, the pre-snap reads don't tell the true story of what the defense is really defending ... the post-snap reads have to be the same by the RB, TE and QB ... Higbee has finally gotten on board, and I think Henderson will be there next season.

Using Gurley a bit more judiciously will help parlay the opposing pass rush too. I think that he has a lot more left in the tank than his coach showed this year.

I'm feeling more confident in Goff's ability in the short-passing game, and still feel that Goff is the best in the NFL at 20-yard+ game.

I'm not sure that the Rams can afford 4-5 OL studs .. but the more the better, no doubt about that.

P.S. to BobCarl: Sorry about my rant on Justin Trudeau earlier this month. It was a reaction to a playful shot from my Nevadan buddy VegasRam.....which you correctly identified as "political"...
..and in hindsight, I shudda just kept my powder dry! :idea2:
Apologies to all. :oops2:
no ... my apologies to you ...

on that particular evening, besides my over-imbibing of the the Sweedish Svedka vodka, I was disgusted by that evening's Democratic debate ... I was hoping that there would be someone that could give Trump a run for half of his money.... ain't gonna happen.

On a positive note, I'm glad at today's news that he decided to suspend the 100% tax on European wine for the rest of this year. Though is a lot of untapped potential in non-European wine that can be brought into the U.S. (the Okanagan region is one of the most deserving, not just my opinion, but several other wine experts agree). Neverthetless, I'd hate to see this country deprived of wine imported from the many great wine regions from Europe.

by R4L
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

AltiTude Ram wrote:I do see a few cuts coming and I hate to say it but Mathews is an obvious one.

I think the bigger move will come with the restructuring of contracts. Paying players later and guaranteeing money.

The cap will be increasing and Ramsey needs to get paid. The Rams need to find money in the couch cushions until the numbers get settled.

Very true on Matthews. He had a lot of sacks, but many came on broken plays. Another is Weddle. And I know this isn't popular, but having NRC on the roster is overkill imo with Ramsey, Hill, Long and Williams there. They could free up some money letting him go as well. Just a thought

• 3 / 3
23 posts Apr 17 2024