13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Even the NFL bureaucrats in New York City admit that their "formula for Compensatory Picks is complicated." Obviously, the Salary dollars paid out to NFL Free Agents is a major factor in how the 32 Compensatory Picks are distributed to the NFL teams who lost FAs the season before.....but, when the FA is injured, or performs poorly, or is cut....their rankings can, and in many cases, ARE adversely affected. EG. Los Ramos were set up to get a 4th Round 2020 Compensatory Pick for Larmarcus Joyner, as well as for Rodger Saffold.....BUT....
because the Detroit Lions cut Rams FA RB CJ Anderson early in the season, Anderson's ability "to cover-off" Los Ramos acquisition of GB FA LB Clay Mathews was eliminated, SO THEN....
the Clay Mathews FA acquisition by the Rams then had to be covered-off by one Lamarcus Joyner Rams FA loss.....and we got hosed out of a 4th Round Comp Pick that we were lined-up to receive for losing the services of Joyner to the Raidahs.

Here is my case to NFL NY regarding Saffold's ascension from 4th Round 2020 Compensatory Pick (11 of those available), up to a 3rd Round Compensatory Pick (7 of those available). Right now Rodger Saffold's ranking is two slots below becoming a Compensatory 3rd Rounder IE. NFL New York has to be made to realize that at least two 2019 FA players presently ranked above Saffold, have shoddy enough 2020 records to be degraded to the 4th Round Compensatory Pick level and ergo Rodger Saffold's ranking moves up into one of the vacated 3rd Round Comp slots.

My Two 2019 FA Candidates For Demotion to 4th Round Comp Level:

NICK FOLES (injured Jag QB for most of 2019 season)
In 4 Total 2019 games, Foles was 77 of 117 attempts (65.8%), a very Bradford-esque 6.3 YPA, 3 TDs, 2 picks, 84.6 QB Rating.
ME: Since when does 3 TD season measure up as a team getting a good return on a FA QB acquisition huh???!!! :roll2: Foles should be dialed back into 4th Round 2020 Comp Pick territory IMO!!

LE'VEON BELL (sat out 2018 over Steelers offer, then sucked for NY Jets)
Bell was ranked 24th in the NFL in Yds Rushing with 789.....but with his paltry 3.2 Yds/Carry :oops2: , the $11.125 Millions the Jets paid Bell yeilded them a RB with a NFL ranking of 46th outa 47 RBs ranked in YPC (BTW, who is this Peyton Barber at 47th with 3.1 YPC!!!?? :? )
Oh yeah, number of 20+ Long Runs for Le'Veon Bell in 2019??? ZERO! :o

Drop those two, Foles and Bell down.....and presto, ProBowler Rodger Saffold vaults over them into 3rd Round 2020 Compensatory Pick position.

Ladies & Gentlemen of the jury....I rest my case!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by Elvis
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Joyner is cancelled out by Matthews. I believe OTC has Saffold currently garnering a 4th but i think he's pretty borderline at this point...

by safer
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Guys, (and you too, Ms. Red) do we get any draft compensation for the two picks we traded to get Fowler, if we let him walk?

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Yeah, actually that Suh guy kinda screwed us.
Even though his salary number would've put him into the Comp Pick Sweepstakes, and potentially benefited us.....

Suh had some kind of handshake pre-signing agreement with Tampa Bay management, and so they waited till after the cut-off date for Free Agent Comp Picks had passed, to ink their deal. Bastids!!!! :x

For whatever reason, Suh and the Tampa GM screwed Los Ramos outa a potential 4th Round 2020 Comp Pick in my estimation.

So no, we are not getting squat for Suh from the NFL.....nor for Joyner.

Our ONLY potential upside is if Rodger Saffold moves up to a 3rd Round Comp pick for us, from his existing 4th Round Comp Pick status now. :idea2:

*source....overthecap.com

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:Guys, (and you too, Ms. Red) do we get any draft compensation for the two picks we traded to get Fowler, if we let him walk?

No, but the Rams would be looking at compensation for Fowler next year if they let him walk

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Yeah, actually that Suh guy kinda screwed us.
Even though his salary number would've put him into the Comp Pick Sweepstakes, and potentially benefited us.....

Suh had some kind of handshake pre-signing agreement with Tampa Bay management, and so they waited till after the cut-off date for Free Agent Comp Picks had passed, to ink their deal. Bastids!!!! :x

For whatever reason, Suh and the Tampa GM screwed Los Ramos outa a potential 4th Round 2020 Comp Pick in my estimation.

So no, we are not getting squat for Suh from the NFL.....nor for Joyner.

Our ONLY potential upside is if Rodger Saffold moves up to a 3rd Round Comp pick for us, from his existing 4th Round Comp Pick status now. :idea2:

*source....overthecap.com

Thanks for reminding me about Suh. I remember that happening and at the time I was upset about how that played out.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Glad to be of assistance to RFU's Man in Denver! ;)
Any good stories from MileHigh about our new DC Staley, the former Bronco? :?2: Curious minds....

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

A 3rd rounder would be nice. Seems to be a much bigger talent game from 3rd to the 4th round lately. A top 100 pick could get us a nice talented project player like a guard or center. We could always use that. Let him sit his rookie year and maybe he's ready in year 2 or 3.

• 1 / 2
13 posts Apr 19 2024