33 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by Zen_Ronin
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2044  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

OBJ's a moron, but I don't think he should face charges for this. It's so stupid. From what I see looks like the cop is in the locker room for no reason at all and is harassing the players. Why are you asking what he's drinking? Why are you searching around his body and possessions?

Looks like OBJ gets a chip on his shoulder due to that and the way the police officer gets in his way. OBJ's definitely being disrespectful, then tries to laugh it off when he see's the cop ain't playing, but the whole thing is harmless.

Willing to bet the officer settles outside of court for a nice chunk of change. Must be close to retirement.

by Rams the Legends live on
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:So what is your issue with the how the media is handling this? What did they do wrong here? All I’m seeing is a simple presentation of the facts: OBJ has been charged with assault for patting the butt of a cop.

There is no mention of where words said between spoken between the two. No mention of the interaction between the two was it cordial. Like no worries officer I will handle this, or was the interaction your a joke man get lost.

I would expect that the tap would have some kind of interaction in it and expression. There was enough asked to get the gist of the cigar smoking and the officer said not to. However the most important part the incident that had charges filed over is sadly lacking in any surface scratching details. So yeah I stick by my proclamation this is sad reporting.

However if ya want fake I would say your tag line would be cause no mention of any brutality. So I would say you acted in the hyper for click bait. So any fake would be no further away than your finger tips. Which I read it with a twist of mocking on your part but that is just me.

So yeah I find that a more thorough bit of reporting could have been done here before this was released however the shock factor brings more readers so I find they checked that box.

by Rams the Legends live on
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Like the Bennett thing in Houston, i think the charges will probably just get dropped...

Rightfully so in my opinion without more details I am left to assume and my assumption is this is just offense. The officer felt disrespected and was offended he was not held in the esteem he sees himself in. However again this is just my assumption as the story is incomplete.

However if my assumption be true then I believe the officer should just let it go cause I am well of the opinion that those in positions of power should hold themselves to a level above the petty. So I agree this should not have gone as far as a arrest warrant which I also find sad.

However again all I can do is assume and speculate at this juncture as I find that the reporting is lacking.

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

What were the cops doing in the locker room to begin with?

It's a party atmosphere. The winners and their fans were obviously over joyed, celebrating a huge win. But that slap? Come on man!!!!! Filing charges? That's just somebody being an asshole.

On the other hand, I agree with Avenger....really glad we didn't pursue this clown.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:That cop did kinda look like he mighta had short man complex. Or small dick complex. Or both. :ugeek2:

Probably the type of cop who writes tickets for doing 27 in a 25 or not coming to a complete 2 second stop at a stop sign.

The fact he was running around barking at them for smoking celebratory cigars after winning the national championship is a clue as to the type of guy he is.

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Yeah, what's the deal with that? The cops barge into a locker room during the celebration to card everyone who might be enjoying champagne or cigars? WTF?

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Rams the Legends live on wrote:There has to be truly more to this story than what is printed here. Otherwise this is pretty sad. However I trust fully the American media has just jumped on this to get it out and the facts will follow in stories to come. This story just lacks any real journalism in my opinion and is just sad all the way around the reporting and the whole incident. Will have to wait and see if more comes out to get to a place to even form a real opinion on the matter.

So the story hit about 11am Central. You were angry 3 hours later the media was getting the story wrong and more was coming.

It’s now nearly 6pm Central and more is coming out. You can read here from New Orleans station WWL.
https://www.wwltv.com/article/sports/battery-warrant-issued-for-odell-beckham-jr-video-shows-lsu-locker-room-contact-with-officer/289-77b61be0-fd68-4760-8875-82ff8ffcf396
And the Times-Picayune.
https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_038e14d2-3886-11ea-a157-4f1a474a79cf.html

Sorry the media didn’t have all the facts for you right away.

• 2 / 4
33 posts Apr 24 2024