39 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Saw that Harold Carmichael was voted in and wondered if that has any impact on Bruce/Holt? Not sure why they released the legends/coaches/other list already but I guess there's still a chance that our duo gets in.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I don't think any of the currently announced guys have any correlation to the HOF eligible group.
They are inducting 20 guys this year and I believe 15 of them are guys who are getting in via some veteran vote. Like Cowher and Johnson are the 2 coaches going in, Carmichael is one of the veteran guys.
Bruce and Holt are hoping to get in the 5 spots

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I hope they don’t split the vote and neither gets in. I really hope at least Bruce gets it.

Is it true the LA sports writers are taking over responsibilities for pleading the case to the panel since the St. Louis writers aren’t allowed to rep any more? Supposedly Bruce asked for a St. Louis guy to represent him and was told to pick an LA person.

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I don't think any of the currently announced guys have any correlation to the HOF eligible group.
They are inducting 20 guys this year and I believe 15 of them are guys who are getting in via some veteran vote. Like Cowher and Johnson are the 2 coaches going in, Carmichael is one of the veteran guys.
Bruce and Holt are hoping to get in the 5 spots
Yeah, I don't mean directly, I was just wondering about too many WR's going in at once. I don't know if that truly matters to the votes but it seems like it does.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I don’t know how much the fan vote weighs in, but they are pushing hard for Bruce here in St. Louis. Last week Bruce was in the owners box at the Blues game and they showed him on the Jumbotron. Then they told fans to make sure they vote for him and showed the graphic on the screen.

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

It's sad that a guy like Bruce gets less attention because he isn't out there running his mouth and being a diva. It's doubly sad that he was screwed by the Rams and wasn't a lifer.

The media chooses to feature the blowhards and I guess it's because that's what more people want but it will go a long way in my book if they finally recognize a humble, professional and great man who let his actions speak for themselves.

by rather
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

After seeing Cowher get in, Andy Reid is one home playoff loss away from qualifying for Canton, by my count. Good luck big fella!

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Yeah, I don't mean directly, I was just wondering about too many WR's going in at once. I don't know if that truly matters to the votes but it seems like it does.

It's a totally different process. One would have nothing to do with the other. The voting for HOF is currently going on, and they will be randomly naming the rest of the 15. Even if all of them were WR it wouldn't matter

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Ike:

13th all time in receptions
#1 in yards per catch of all receivers with at least 1,000 catches
5th all time in receiving yards
12th in TD receptions

How is it possible he's not a hall of famer?

There are plenty of receivers with inferior numbers, inferior postseasons and inferior careers in the hall of fame. I'm not suggesting any of those in the hall of fame don't deserve to be there. I'm simply suggesting Ike belongs in the HOF, not because his career is superior to a number of them but that his career is a HOF-type career.

• 1 / 4
39 posts Apr 17 2024