39 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by rams74
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

rather wrote:I also think Bruce gets discounted further because (right or wrong) he isn't viewed as having been able to elevate the crummy pre-99 teams he was on.

You mean like Larry Fitzgerald not elevating all the crummy Cardinals teams he has been on? It won't be relevant for Fitz.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

It also doesn’t help Bruce he played in a dead football town. If everything was the same but the Rams stayed in LA, Bruce would be in already.

by rams74
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:It also doesn’t help Bruce he played in a dead football town. If everything was the same but the Rams stayed in LA, Bruce would be in already.

You mean like how Henry Ellard is in already?

by rather
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

rams74 wrote:You mean like Larry Fitzgerald not elevating all the crummy Cardinals teams he has been on? It won't be relevant for Fitz.

Easy there trigger, don't shoot the messenger. I'm guessing just like everyone else here. Fitz, like Holt, will benefit from the explosion of fantasy football. St Loser Fan is right about having played in football Siberia too. Or should I try to find the "Tiki Barber for HOF" columns that made the rounds a bunch of years ago ..

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:It also doesn’t help Bruce he played in a dead football town. If everything was the same but the Rams stayed in LA, Bruce would be in already.

I don't believe that has anything to do with Ike not being in the HOF.

The problem is the guys who played before or in the 70's, 80's and early 90's don't have the video game numbers of some of the recently retired players. I can remember Charlie Taylor, Charlie Joiner, Lofton, Alworth, Biletnikoff and Maynard. IMHO, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin and Andre Reed weren't in the same league as those guys but they still deserve to be in the HOF. When I think of Ike, Ellard, Cliff Branch, Roy Jefferson, Holt among others who were absolutely awesome receivers, I put them in the same class as those old timers and at least on par, if not above the Carter's and Reed's, etc. It's the HOF, not the Hall of Numbers. But those guys have both.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Like Orlando Pace?
Fear not though, the state of the art Football stadium on the river is on its way! Peacock says so!

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Is there much of a push in Los Angeles for Isaac Bruce on the fan voting part?

They must have linked up, but both the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues posted to social media or sent emails out this morning urging fans to vote.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well at the very least, we should all be checking in here ---> https://www.profootballhof.com/fanvote/
And voting often!
FWIW, Bruce is currently in 3rd place 6,300 votes behind 2nd, only 400 votes ahead of 4th and 7k ahead of #5

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Well at the very least, we should all be checking in here ---> https://www.profootballhof.com/fanvote/
And voting often!
FWIW, Bruce is currently in 3rd place 6,300 votes behind 2nd, only 400 votes ahead of 4th and 7k ahead of #5

We all need to step it up.

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

There is no logical, rational or fair reason to keep Bruce out. Even excluding (given the evolution of the passing game) players who started their career before 1980, Bruce:

Had more receptions than 4 HOF WRs (R.Moss, A.Reed, A.Monk, M.Irvin).
Had more receiving yards than 6 HOF WRs (T.Brown, M.Harrison, C.Carter, A.Reed, A.Monk, M.Irvin)
Had more receiving TDs than 3 HOF WRs (A.Reed, A.Monk, M.Irvin).

Add to that the fact that he scored the winning TD in a Super Bowl (one of 4 TDs in 9 career playoff games), and he should be in already.

DO THE RIGHT THING VOTERS!

• 3 / 4
39 posts Apr 16 2024