3 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I'm going to assume that Burrow is as good as in the NFL and put it in NFL talk.

So, what Burrow did statistically this year was pretty amazing. 59 TD passes broke the record but that's what I'm wondering. The previous record of 58 was one of those "grain of salt" records IMO. Guys like Klinger that threw a ton and were in weak(er) conferences and then didn't do anything as a pro make some of the gaudy numbers put up by passers more of fool's gold.

But Burrow this year was doing it for the best team in the nation is the so-called toughest division in the NCAA. Not only that, he's more of a pocket passer than just being an NFL athlete vs. college kids. Many times it seems college greats were just taking advantage of physical advantages.

I don't think there's any doubt that he's going to the Bengals and I'm actually cool with the Ohio kid going "home". But what does everyone else think about what he's done this year? Was he just in an advantageous situation, taking advantage of unfair matchups or is his season something that should be noticed and great things in the NFL expected?

Edit: had to fix title and spelling...D'oh!

For some reason, my brain went back to my old baseball cards and Jeff Burroughs. Who I never paid much attention to but I always seemed to get him in the packs I opened. Looking back, he was actually pretty good. Put up 41 HR's one year back when it meant something and led the league in RBI's. I always thought of him as a JAG but he was better than that.

by Haden
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

The kid looks like the next Dan Marino

by JackPMiller
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

He will be the first pick of the NFL Draft. Just like Chase Young will be the second pick of the NFL Draft. Then the draft starts after that.

• 1 / 1
3 posts Apr 19 2024