46 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by dieterbrock
1 month ago
 Total posts:   11365  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:

No state income tax is attractive when you have a dozen kids and counting.

Love these shot in the dark guesses.
Carson Palmer was 34 when he went to Arizona, and was washed up by age 38. Rivers is a tired 38 already and Tampa isn't a player away

by Elvis
1 month ago
 Total posts:   24185  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:You know, this really sticks in my craw (what ever a craw is). LA finally get's the Rams back only to have to split the market share growth with SD. The "Fight For LA".

And if that's not bad enough, they get to share the stadium the Rams owners is building while undercutting our PSL pricing and taking credit where they can as to their contributions building it. As I understand it, they haven't even reached the tiny amount they agreed to chip in. And they still get their $1. rent per game deal.

But the 'straw' will be if SD rolls out with Tom Brady under center next season. Obviously this will be good for ticket sales and TV revenue so the NFL will support it, but how many new LA football fans and how much media buzz will Brady attract away from the Rams going into our inaugural season? Not to mention Brady being the douche that beat us in our last 2 SB's, it's almost an insult.

I get what you're saying but as long as the Chargers are in L.A. and playing in Sofi, i want L.A. and SoFi to be a success. It's good for the Rams that way, i think.

Brady with the Chargers would be more spectacle than winning i'd imagine, i'd actually be cool with it...

by Hacksaw
1 month ago
 Total posts:   16461  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:I get what you're saying but as long as the Chargers are in L.A. and playing in Sofi, i want L.A. and SoFi to be a success. It's good for the Rams that way, i think.

Brady with the Chargers would be more spectacle than winning i'd imagine, i'd actually be cool with it...

Yeah, I'm not sure what TB would look like w/o BB and McD's O. Could be a train wreck.
More than SoFi, I want the Rams to be a success and I can't see the Chargers helping that cause. Could be that their success will cement them here (if they already aren't). Lack of success could force them back to SD or elsewhere.
Sorry, I'm such a homer for the Rams and Lakers that these SD teams horning in just rubs me the wrong way.

by dieterbrock
1 month ago
 Total posts:   11365  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure what TB would look like w/o BB and McD's O. Could be a train wreck.
More than SoFi, I want the Rams to be a success and I can't see the Chargers helping that cause. Could be that their success will cement them here (if they already aren't). Lack of success could force them back to SD or elsewhere.
Sorry, I'm such a homer for the Rams and Lakers that these SD teams horning in just rubs me the wrong way.

I think TB playing in Sofi would be great.
Especially if he sucked.
Imagine all the opposing team fans who can come to LA, get tickets for cheap, watch their team play (and win) and mercilessly jeer TB12...

by Hacksaw
1 month ago

dieterbrock wrote:I think TB playing in Sofi would be great.
Especially if he sucked.
Imagine all the opposing team fans who can come to LA, get tickets for cheap, watch their team play (and win) and mercilessly jeer TB12...

That would be an acceptable consolation prize if it were to happen.
Not so sure that's the optical effect the league is after tho..

by AvengerRam
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3675  
Israel   Longwood, FL
Superstar

Tom Brady, under an obscure NCAA loophole, will return to the University of Michigan and play for Jim Harbaugh.

by BobCarl
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3248  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Vic Tafur

Props to Vic ... but he needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes his shit sticks, quite often it doesn't.

He was a member of a once-popular Raiders discussion board. The board was able to accumulate several insiders, two of which used to work for the Raiders.

The owner of the board (12-years ago with a similar name to mine, Bob Carr) worked his ass off promoting ( not to mention lying, cheating, stealing) but he was able to gain media credentials to take photos from the sidelines and got access to an un-rented "luxury" box at the home games. BobCarr became an "official" NFL photographer not long after he got the best still shots (of all photographers at the RAMS game) of Rolando McClain body slamming Danny Amendola

Vic, through the board's owner was able to attend Raiders (closed) training camp practices and press conferences. He honed his crude writing skills and contributed several articles for the board's magazine. Based on the board's "inside" contacts alone netted him a job with a local newspaper. And has eventually gotten jobs with other media outlets.

Vic today attends fewer press conferences than he did back then, and no direct inside info. He relies upon people that are "close to the Raiders". His best source, is the same guy as my source.

His reputation with the Raiders is not very good, as his level of standards for floating rumors are lower than most other reporters. The other reporters often seek multiple sources and honor "off the record" requests.

So back to today ... Vic Tafur sees a photo of Mark Davis with the most hated QB in the NFL and writes a tabloid story ... "Mark Davis gives engagement ring to Tom Brady" ...

Somewhere since the end of the regular season, Mark Davis likely crossed paths with Eli Manning and/or Jarod Goff. Mark Davis isn't marrying either of them because Vic Tafur hasn't found a photo.

Paparazzi ... gotta love 'em.

by Hacksaw
1 month ago

He started quite a stir if you look at all the rumor articles at the link. Derrick Carr is sick of it. lol
Frankly I can't see it ever happening but ya never know.

• 3 / 5
46 posts Feb 26 2020