129 posts
  • 1 / 13
 by AvengerRam
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

And the first chip falls...

As I said earlier today (ironic), I was on the fence on this one. I'm more curious to see if this is a tweak (meaning they'll promote from within and maintain the system with some adjustments and a new face) or a reworking (meaning they'll bring in someone from the outside with a significantly different philosophy).

by Elvis
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The McVay era is so young that it's really hard to predict, no idea what's coming next...

by ramsrams
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Underachieved, with the talent on the D.

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

Interesting. Now let's hope the new hire doesn't cause all kinds of verkleptnice.

by actionjack
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:And the first chip falls...

As I said earlier today (ironic), I was on the fence on this one. I'm more curious to see if this is a tweak (meaning they'll promote from within and maintain the system with some adjustments and a new face) or a reworking (meaning they'll bring in someone from the outside with a significantly different philosophy).

I feel similar, I think we can do a lot worse that Wade, but I also feel that he did not have the team ready to play in multiple games. I would have no problem promoting Barry, a younger version of Wade? Anyway this will be the first big test of McVay from a coaching standpoint.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I applaud Sean McVay's moving on from Wade TheOldMan&TheDee Phillips. It was time....

Echoing ramsrams, and paraphrasing (as I did earlier) Jerrah Jones line about his 2019 Cowboys:

"My frustration level is too high with the roster talent we have assembled" (ME: on the Rams D) :idea2:

Too many First Rounders on Los Ramos Defense for us to suck defensively like we did in numerous games in 2019 IMO. Like somebody else posted, in 5 seasons with the Rams, Jeff Fisher's charges gave up 44+ points only 3 times in 80 games.....and the last one was with Fassel as Interim HC!! :idea2:

Wade's crew gave up 44+ three times in 14 games!!! :shock2:
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! :idea2: So count me amongst those Rams fans would look forward optimistically for a younger more enthusiastic Rams DC for 2020 and going forward. :idea2:

Now, if Aaron LawnChairEnthusiast Kromer gets his walking papers from the Rams this offseason,
then I would feel even more confident that Sean McVay believes in (and practices in earnest) the "accountability" principle.

We shall see.

by Will0120
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

How would everyone feel if we promoted from within, say Aubrey Plesant? :?2:

• 1 / 13
129 posts Apr 19 2024