130 posts
  • 1 / 13
 by dieterbrock
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

So he’ll retire? That saves on dead cap money right?

by ziggy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I'd love for the Rams to find a trainer/assistant coach position for Weddle. He's a great player's coach and a teamer... but there are definitely plays that he takes off because he's missed a step or two.

(Except for the inexplicable... oh I won't tattle on the Ravens bit. I mean I get the loyalty and all that... but the way he said it-- just makes him the "big man" and the Rams look idiotic for asking him about the Raven's. He could of just said, 'coach doesn't need my help.')

Just getting old and lack of desire (every down of every play-- its hard.)

by BobCarl
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:So he’ll retire? That saves on dead cap money right?

I'm thinking that the Rams will ask him to rework his contract or else... And it looks like Weddle will accept being cut instead of taking a pay cut.

Which means that the Rams will be stuck with the dead money against the cap.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:I'm thinking that the Rams will ask him to rework his contract or else... And it looks like Weddle will accept being cut instead of taking a pay cut.

Which means that the Rams will be stuck with the dead money against the cap.

But what if they don't cut him? Let him play out his contract and he decides he'd rather retire than be a back up? Does that save money?

by BobCarl
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:But what if they don't cut him? Let him play out his contract and he decides he'd rather retire than be a back up? Does that save money?

I just looked up Spotrac and it already shows that it is easy for either party to walk away from year 2. The dead cap space is $500K if the Rams cut him, which is a prorated amount from the signing bonus he got last season.

Everything about his income for 2019 was guaranteed, so I am guessing that he gets to keep the full amount even if he is the one to walk away from the team.

I think we will have to wait and see until the draft and maybe up until week one of the regular season. If he is on the team week one 2020, then his entire $4.25 mill becomes fully guaranteed.

Do the Rams have enough draft picks to find a starter at safety and address the other needs of the team? Can the Rams find a better FA for a lower salary?

I hope he starts for another season with the Rams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles ... ddle-3536/

by OCRams1
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8  
Undrafted Free Agent

Sean should call his buddy Packer head coach and trade for A. Lazard, Packers 6’5” wide receiver, before he becomes so good, then turn him into an explosive, TD machine. Help Goff. Guarantee red hot offense reload in 2020. :)
https://www.packers.com/video/packers-w ... d-td-catch

by ramsrams
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

No, got one already in Reynolds.

Times twice with Higbee, and thrice with Everett.

Coach seemed to have outsmarted himself in the redzone.

Gotta fix that.

• 1 / 13
130 posts Apr 17 2024