130 posts
  • 5 / 13
 by ziggy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Polite was a 1st round prospect that dropped 2 rounds because of preparedness issues (and being the appropriate weight, also.)

I think all of that speaks to immaturity. We'll see how he progresses with time and maybe just fit with the appropriate coach and people in his life. I think getting dropped from 2 team is actually the perfect number. 1st team, "I'm in the NFL b*tches--". 2nd team, "Team A didn't know what they had!". 3rd team, "wow... maybe I'm running out of chances."

Also, his Florida State coach still speaks well of him-- which shows he's redeemable.

Hopefully ...

by Elvis
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The fact that Polite hasn't washed out yet seems like a good sign. He didn't last this long with the Jets or Seahawks...

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Polite was at one point considered a low first to mid second round pick by many mocks last year. So obviously they guy has some natural talent. I think he came to the combine out of shape IIRC. Something about him the Jets didn't like. Maybe its an effort thing, I don't know.

I think he was viewed as immature when he complained about the way teams interviewed him. Although he did say he liked the interview with the Rams because they were the only team that didn't bash him during the interview.

Cutting ties with a high 3rd round pick in his first year is usually a red flag. But if the Rams can get his head straight and shape him up, maybe he could be one of those hidden gems. Its not like they had to invest much for him if it doesn't work out. Definitely worth a shot.

by TomSlick
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Coaches can't do it all, the players on the team have to lead by example and by voice that the new guys need to pull their weight. There is only one way and that is the RAM way. If the "young-ens" can't or won't comprehend that simple TEAM FIRST attitude then that is on them and bu-bye.

by JackPMiller
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Another guy on that list who intrigues me is Adonis Alexander. He was a very good CB at VaTech, but has the size (6'3, 205) to be a safety.

Brandon Staley comes from the Vic Fangio system. That system big CBs, that play physical, and press coverage. The system also uses big NTs that are 320+ pounds, a big time Edge rusher, and legit group of LBs, with that Edge Rusher.

Again, in this system, Adonis will work.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:The fact that Polite hasn't washed out yet seems like a good sign. He didn't last this long with the Jets or Seahawks...

Yeah well there’s something to be said about choking up on the bat when down 0-2 in the count.
Easier to swing freely with no or 1 strike on ya

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:But some guys just swing away.

That’s the point.

The point? I don’t think there is a “the point” in this conversation
He’s still around so there’s a chance he has his stuff together. There’s a chance he’ll go Titus Young. I’m surely hoping he’s heeded his 2 strike warning and has his stuff together so he doesn’t waste the gift he was blessed with in exchange for the curse he was given.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:No. The point is, after getting dumped twice, he’s stayed on.
We don’t know how it ends, but it seems clear he’s doing something different.
Too much of a leap for you? Okay.

That’s what I said.
Welcome to comprehension

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Okay.

My point was that he’s already showing that. It’s easy to say shorten the swing than actually doing it.

I’d say he is showing progress.

We’re saying the same thing. Clearly we both want the kid to make it.
Damn metaphors... lol.
I was just saying he’s got 2 strikes and doesn’t want strike 3.

by Flash
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/19401 ... -with-rams

Los Angeles Rams left tackle Andrew Whitworth will hold off retirement for another year and return for the 2020 season, sources told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Whitworth turned 38 in December and has spent the past three seasons with the Rams. He is scheduled to become a free agent in March.

More to come.

• 5 / 13
130 posts Apr 18 2024