36 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

just wish we had a member or two that would point out double standards and unfair practices in threads for our oblivious mods to act on, oh wait...

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:You're intent is appreciated but it does seem like a double standard. Weren't those other threads moved because they were discussing things other than football? Isn't this thread more about posters than it is about football?

There is truth in this quandary. BUT, it hasn't gotten antagonistic to the level of those other 2 threads. Not picking sides or posters. If this sucker goes south it will be in good company in GD.

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8525  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

moklerman wrote:You're intent is appreciated but it does seem like a double standard. Weren't those other threads moved because they were discussing things other than football? Isn't this thread more about posters than it is about football?

Perhaps, I should have just made a statement about "doubt" instead of doubters? So I will resect your POV and not make that misstep again if I can help it. However, if you look at my actual posts, I give reasons to possibly not doubt and don't mention any posters in anyway. I was in fact attacking the sentiment of rampant doubt and negativity. Frankly, that shit gets old and seems to dominate when the team performs poorly. There just isn't as much volumetric balance when they play well. But, I can clearly see now how the title could have misconstrued my intent. I have disagreed with rather's takes, and other's, and even yours in the past. I try to not make it personal.

If I overstepped, I apologize. I am in fact held to the same standards as everyone else here.

And, I respect that.

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago

Hacksaw wrote:There is truth in this quandary. BUT, it hasn't gotten antagonistic to the level of those other 2 threads. Not picking sides or posters. If this sucker goes south it will be in good company in GD.

Fair enough.

To the point and intent of the topic; I hope all the doubt, felt at some level by most, if not all of us - including myself - took a direct hit Sunday night. There is chance that this team is starting to peak at just the right time. It sucks they let the first hawks game, the bucs game, and the steelers game end up the way they did. But alas, that is the case.

So I ask, based on the past two games, are we as a collective starting to believe this team is peaking and good enough to continue winning and perhaps get into the post season?

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsman34 wrote:Fair enough.

To the point and intent of the topic; I hope all the doubt, felt at some level by most, if not all of us - including myself - took a direct hit Sunday night. There is chance that this team is starting to peak at just the right time. It sucks they let the first hawks game, the bucs game, and the steelers game end up the way they did. But alas, that is the case.

So I ask, based on the past two games, are we as a collective starting to believe this team is peaking and good enough to continue winning and perhaps get into the post season?

Third game will be the charmer. If we take out Dallas I think the NFL will be on notice. Gotta beat SF. If we do that, after what has happened, I could see us go all the way. Much rather our trajectory than say the Cowgirls.

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago

Hacksaw wrote:Third game will be the charmer. If we take out Dallas I think the NFL will be on notice. Gotta beat SF. If we do that, after what has happened, I could see us go all the way. Much rather our trajectory than say the Cowgirls.

No doubt, but that's a lot of ifs, lol.. Lets' beat the pokes and hope somehow that our tenants beat the vikes - highly possible me thinks. If somehow the Falcons beat the whiners - fairly possible - the whiner game sets up to be HUGE! Absolutely massive actually. I had a post about all 3 teams; SF, Sea, and US finishing 11-5 with us winning the division on the slimmest of tiebreakers. Wouldn't THAT be a riot. Virtually impossible, however.

• 4 / 4
36 posts Apr 19 2024