33 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I get a kick out of fans who are struttin' around, bragging about beating a 3 win team.

If you're one of the ones who minimizes the Rams performance against them while praising the 49ers for beating them, well, I can see why you're bothered by it.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:If you're one of the ones who minimizes the Rams performance against them while praising the 49ers for beating them, well, I can see why you're bothered by it.
Well, I didn't, I wasn't and it doesn't.

There are those who are acting as if this game disproves any reason for having doubt about Goff though. It's more fun to beat up on a bad team than it is to get thrashed by a good team but nothing's really changed with the status quo.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

53 guy match up differently than a different set of 53. All matchups are different..

Still Goff throws an accurate ball you can hear. Amazing !!!!

by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:There are those who are acting as if this game disproves any reason for having doubt about Goff though. It's more fun to beat up on a bad team than it is to get thrashed by a good team but nothing's really changed with the status quo.

The doubters are going to doubt no matter what. We beat the Cowboys in the playoffs, it's because we had a terrific run game. We beat New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game it's because of a non-call, not the phenominal plays Goff made in the second half like that pass to Higbee to get into FG range in OT.

Playing teams like Arizona is a catch-22. If we lose to them, we suck and should be an 8-8 team. If we beat the shit out of them, it's because they're the Cardinals. :twisted2: And inevitably someone will make a comment like, "I get a kick out of fans who are struttin' around, bragging about beating a 3 win team." There's more evidence there are aliens walking among us than than there is evidence of Ram fans 'strutting around, bragging about beating a 3 win team'.

Well I get a kick out of Ram fans who adopt an opinion and refuse to acknowledge evidence they could be wrong.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:The doubters are going to doubt no matter what. We beat the Cowboys in the playoffs, it's because we had a terrific run game. We beat New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game it's because of a non-call, not the phenominal plays Goff made in the second half like that pass to Higbee to get into FG range in OT.

Playing teams like Arizona is a catch-22. If we lose to them, we suck and should be an 8-8 team. If we beat the shit out of them, it's because they're the Cardinals. :twisted2: And inevitably someone will make a comment like, "I get a kick out of fans who are struttin' around, bragging about beating a 3 win team." There's more evidence there are aliens walking among us than than there is evidence of Ram fans 'strutting around, bragging about beating a 3 win team'.

Well I get a kick out of Ram fans who adopt an opinion and refuse to acknowledge evidence they could be wrong.
I think there very clearly "I told you so" posts in this thread as if the Cardinals game proved something.

And it isn't a catch-22. The Rams, if they are any good, should have beaten the Cardinals. Had they lost, yes, it would have been a negative but beating them is a lateral move. They beat a team they should have beat but in doing so, didn't prove that their offensive inconsistencies have been solved.

Rams just have a matchup advantage against the Cardinals defense. They beat up on them last year too. It's just one of those things.

by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I think there very clearly "I told you so" posts in this thread as if the Cardinals game proved something.

Real or perceived? And why would anyone say to you "I told you so"? Did you predict a Cardinals win?

moklerman wrote:And it isn't a catch-22. The Rams, if they are any good, should have beaten the Cardinals. Had they lost, yes, it would have been a negative but beating them is a lateral move. They beat a team they should have beat but in doing so, didn't prove that their offensive inconsistencies have been solved.

Well it might not have proved they have "solved" their offensive inconsistencies but they sure as hell did for that game. They put up the most yards of any NFL team in any half of any NFL game this season. We'll see in the next few weeks if they've found their mojo again.

moklerman wrote:Rams just have a matchup advantage against the Cardinals defense. They beat up on them last year too. It's just one of those things.

Yeah that happens in the NFL doesn't it? But since 2017, the Rams have had a matchup advantage over a lot of teams, as their 31-13 record might indicate. But then I honestly don't expect you to agree with that. You may be one of those fans who predicted 8-8 at best a few weeks back and now feel compelled to root for that outcome (for obvious reasons).

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:Rams just have a matchup advantage against the Cardinals defense. They beat up on them last year too. It's just one of those things.

I too try to keep it positive, as well as real.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Real or perceived? And why would anyone say to you "I told you so"? Did you predict a Cardinals win?
I said "I think" so I'd say it's my perception. It wasn't about who was going to win, it was the implication that the Cardinals game proved that Goff has been fine.

PARAM wrote:Well it might not have proved they have "solved" their offensive inconsistencies but they sure as hell did for that game. They put up the most yards of any NFL team in any half of any NFL game this season. We'll see in the next few weeks if they've found their mojo again.
Much like they did last year against the Cardinals(and 49ers) to close out the regular season. Beating up on teams that had one foot on the bus ultimately didn't indicate any real solutions. Just that they were able to produce against bad teams. The next few weeks will definitely show us where they truly are.

PARAM wrote:Yeah that happens in the NFL doesn't it? But since 2017, the Rams have had a matchup advantage over a lot of teams, as their 31-13 record might indicate. But then I honestly don't expect you to agree with that. You may be one of those fans who predicted 8-8 at best a few weeks back and now feel compelled to root for that outcome (for obvious reasons).
Don't expect me to agree that the Rams have matched up well in many games? Why not? The only games I recall ever mentioning in that regard are the last 2 games last year and this last Cardinals game. All of which were wins against lesser teams IMO.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I get a kick out of fans who are struttin' around, bragging about beating a 3 win team.

i get a kick out of a grown man with an athlete man-crush, who is forever butthurt because his man-crush was a flop, a flop that was kicked to the curb by four teams, and eventually benched in favor of the likes of rosen, ha ha :D

before the season is over, goff at 25 years young and in the league for just 3+ years, will blow by your man-crush's 9-year nfl career win total, the cards win put goff at 33 nfl wins compared to your man-crush's 34 nfl wins, so i can see why the win isn't sitting particularly well with you! maybe it's time to finally change horses? :D

by rather
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Let's agree on this - a legitimately good Rams team ought to be expected to beat the Cardinals handily. They did. So check mark in favor of that. moklerman is right that there were a few Internet Tough Guys saying "where are the doubters now?" Insert rolly eye thing.

• 2 / 4
33 posts Apr 19 2024