33 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Let's agree on this - a legitimately good Rams team ought to be expected to beat the Cardinals handily. They did. So check mark in favor of that.

so i guess the niners aren't a "legitimately good team" given they beat the cards by a field goal in their first meeting of the year and trailed the cards in the 4th quarter before pulling out a win in their second meeting, do i have that right? and i guess the ravens aren't a "legitimately good team" either given they only beat the cards by 6 points, given they didn't beat the cards "handedly" as did the rams, do i have that right too?

by rather
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Let's agree on this - a legitimately good Rams team ought to be expected to beat the Cardinals handily. They did. So check mark in favor of that. moklerman is right that there were a few Internet Tough Guys saying "where are the doubters now?" Insert rolly eye thing.

Well, it goes both ways. Some internet tough guys are saying "Big deal. Its the Cardinals. They suck". But they downplay how much trouble the Cardinals gave a ten win 49er team. Twice. That's the NFL.

Its almost like they woulda preferred a loss so they can say "I told you so." If that is how you root for your team, well, its not for me. Different strokes I guess.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:so i guess the niners aren't a "legitimately good team" given they beat the cards by a field goal in their first meeting of the year .....

Isn't that the game coach KK called TO just before the 49ers got stuffed on that time expiring 4th a goal play? AZ snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when they couldn't stop them a 2nd time.
49ers were as lucky as the Seahags were when GZ missed that automatic FG...

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Isn't that the game coach KK called TO just before the 49ers got stuffed on that time expiring 4th a goal play? AZ snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when they couldn't stop them a 2nd time.
49ers were as lucky as the Seahags were when GZ missed that automatic FG...

which proves that the niners aren't a particularly good team according to rather's iron-clad logic, ha ha... the 1999 gsot rams squeaked by the hapless 5-11 eagles as warner threw 2 picks and booked a 61.3 qb rating on the day, proof that the 1999 gost rams weren't a particularly good team, if they were they would have destroyed the eagles! :D

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Match-ups and at least 22 different variables per play will certainly confound those trying to compare apples and oranges and draw a conclusion.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i get a kick out of a grown man with an athlete man-crush, who is forever butthurt because his man-crush was a flop, a flop that was kicked to the curb by four teams, and eventually benched in favor of the likes of rosen, ha ha :D

before the season is over, goff at 25 years young and in the league for just 3+ years, will blow by your man-crush's 9-year nfl career win total, the cards win put goff at 33 nfl wins compared to your man-crush's 34 nfl wins, so i can see why the win isn't sitting particularly well with you! maybe it's time to finally change horses? :D
Check your dosages, my man. You're losin' it.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Let's agree on this - a legitimately good Rams team ought to be expected to beat the Cardinals handily.

Like who else?
In their 7 losses prior to the Rams:
Baltimore- 3 point game in 4th
Carolina- 1 point game in late in 3rd
Seattle- 10 point game in 4th
Saints- 8 point game in 4th
49ers- 3 point game in 4th
Tampa- blew 4 point lead in 4th
49ers(2)- blew 3 point lead in 4th

But Rams are expected to have 27 point lead? (Closest Cardinals came in 2nd half)

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Like who else?
In their 7 losses prior to the Rams:
Baltimore- 3 point game in 4th
Carolina- 1 point game in late in 3rd
Seattle- 10 point game in 4th
Saints- 8 point game in 4th
49ers- 3 point game in 4th
Tampa- blew 4 point lead in 4th
49ers(2)- blew 3 point lead in 4th

But Rams are expected to have 27 point lead? (Closest Cardinals came in 2nd half)
Isn't the bottom line that the Cardinals are a 3 win team? They had the #1 draft pick last year and have an outside shot at it again now. Just how hard are people going to argue that they represent any kind of quality win?

• 3 / 4
33 posts Apr 18 2024