23 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by safer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Just curious how you see this. I think Obo is becoming a strong pass rusher, and I don't see Fowler Jr worth paying an extra $11mil per year for. Also, Ebukam has become a much better run defender than he was last year.
I think Fowler will be odd man out.

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

safer wrote:Just curious how you see this. I think Obo is becoming a strong pass rusher, and I don't see Fowler Jr worth paying an extra $11mil per year for. Also, Ebukam has become a much better run defender than he was last year.
I think Fowler will be odd man out.

Fully agree.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Fowler has had his moments. Not the breakout year he hoped for. But enough for a nice payday. You don't have to be an elite edge rusher to get paid. He does balance the pass rush and run defense pretty well. I think he's gone after this season.

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

To answer your question... we don't know. That said, I do think that one of the hallmarks of franchises that maintain success is the ability to see the potential in low-cost players who can replace high priced veterans or players with expiring contracts.

Obo as a potential replacement for Fowler is a possible example.

Right now, I'm in the "re-sign Littleton over Fowlers (if its a choice between the two)" camp. Perhaps a combination of players like Obo and Ebukam will allow for this type of decision without a drop-off in production.

(For the record, I'm a big Obo fan and had the Rams taking him in my 2018 mock in the 3rd round, so I may be a bit biased.)

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Whatever we do, we gotta fix the offense. Its hard to maintain a top tier defense year after year. Even if you do, if you don't have a good offense its hard to win consistently. The Bears are still a good defense, but not as good as last year's. Their offense is bottom 5. Hence, the non winning record.

If you have your franchise quarterback and a good system in place with core skill players and a decent line, you just need a middle of the road defense that doesn't get dominated by better offenses. Just keep it close enough for your offense to win.

If you have a bad defense, its just like a bad offense. Hard to win enough games when your offense has to put up 30 or more every time out. So I do know you can't ignore the defense. But I believe a top 5 offense with a 16th rated defense would win more than a 16th rated offense and a top 5 defense.

It would be great to have a top 5 with both. But that isn't gonna happen that often.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I'm still pissed they traded David Jones, , and Ferragamo. Coach Allen to Redskins with several players is something I may never get over.

I never want to see favorite players go. Solid contributors. That's the crappy part of the salary cap. Team loyalty is as long as the contract or between trades.

Fowler is a good player in a very important position. CL is a very solid player too. If I had to choose one or the other = CL.

by safer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

What's impressed me the most about Obo is how well he dips his shoulders and uses his hands in his pass rush

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

With a generational superstar DL like Aaron Donald constantly being double-teamed, IMO a high-priced guy like Dante Fowler should be at double-digits in QB sacks already in 2019, no??!! :?

So to me, Fowler is overpriced for 2020 and would look good in Les Snead's 2021 Draft Plans as a nice Compensatory Third Round Pick. Fowler is good, but not worth Elite Money! :idea2:

I place Michael Brockers in the same MVACP category
IE. "More Valuable As Compensatory Pick" for Los Ramos

We don't need Eric Weddle next year IMO with JJ III coming back off of IR, and with the rising star Taylor Rapp.

We will have to draft a Brockers replacement and another ER as well for the D....

but the Achilles Heel of the 2019 Los Ramos Season has been the OLine, so top 2020 UFA and Draft Priority has to go towards firming up the Rams OLine. Period. Full Stop. :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

So, Clowney is germane here? :?
Yawn. :roll2: Okay....

Dante Fowler 2019 Sack Resume
TEAM.......# SACKS
ARIZONA......1
ATLANTA......3
CAROLINA....2
CINCINNATI..1.5

TOTAL....7.5 SACKS IN 12 GAMES :idea2:

So, at first blush, looks like Fowler feasts on the weak crappy teams, but when we need QB pressure & SACKS against better teams like Baltimore, SF, Pittsburgh, Seattle, or even Tampa Bay (y'know, the teams that beat us to give us those Five L's), then Dante Fowler kinda disappears, eh. :oops2:

....but, you go ahead and finish your compelling Clowney analysis.
Can hardly wait!! :lol2:

• 1 / 3
23 posts Apr 18 2024