22 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by ramsfan1977
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Yeah, plus that fumble against the Steelers that shoulda been an incomplete pass. We'd be at 9-3. But we'd still be that vulnerable team with a struggling offense. So who knows what would happen?

Well, the Vikings did choke away a playoff spot with a loss to the Bears Week 17 last year, can history repeat it self???

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:Well, the Vikings did choke away a playoff spot with a loss to the Bears Week 17 last year, can history repeat it self???

Would be nice. If we go into that final week needing that scenario, I think I would take it. Of course I'd rather they choke before that and all we need is a win, but things ain't coming too easy this year. There was a time I thought we'd be almost eliminated by now.

by rather
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

ramsman34 wrote:Doubters can stay quiet for a minute. We are ONE game out of the wild card. Controlling our own destiny. Sorry doubters, but this is as good as it gets....for now. It could get a whole lot better. Just gotta beat everyone.

I kinda like those odds

Yes we beat the Cardinals, whooptee-do. Even a certified doubter like me is giving them the 2 Cardinals games. With the Vikings loss the table is set for the Rams to at least put themselves back on the map. Let's see if they take advantage of the opportunity .. Seattle always gives you chances to beat them.

by Haden
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

ramsfan1977 wrote:I keep thinking back to Zuerlein's missed FG in Seattle, how the season would look a lot different. :cry2:

Zurlein has hurt us this year. Against, Pitt, if he makes the first missed field goal, they could have kicked the field goal at the end of the game for the win instead of having to go for a TD (which failed)

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Bottom line is the Rams must beat the Seahawks that is all that matters right now. If they can play with the same energy as last Sunday I like our chances. Hey LA crowd lets give the hawks hell when they get the ball!!!

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Some thoughts on the tiebreaker.

The Rams don't play the Vikings, so the first tiebreaker (head to head) does not apply.

The second is conference record. Right now, the Rams are 5-3 and the Vikings are 6-3. All of the Rams' remaining games are against NFC opponents, so they'd be 9-3 if they were to win out. The Vikings play 3 games in the conference, and one against an AFC opponent (Chargers). Should they go 3-1 with the loss being @LAC, then they'd have to go to the next tiebreaker: record against common opponents.

In that scenario, the Rams would win the tiebreaker. Currently, they Rams have a record of 2-1 against ATL, CHI and SEA, while the Vikings are 1-2 against those teams. If the Rams win out and the Vikings lose only to LAC, then the Rams would finish 3-1 in common opponent games (adding a win vs. Seattle) and the Vikings would finish 2-2 (adding a win vs. Chicago).

After that, we'd have to go to strength of victory and strength of schedule. No way I could project those right now.

Its also worth noting that if Green Bay were to slip and lose 2 of their last four and the Rams caught them by winning out, the Rams would win the conference record tiebreaker (9-3 vs. 8-4).

So... bottom line... the Rams need to keep winning! 8-)

by RedAlice
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Whatever the reasons are, in the ESPN playoff machine - Rams beat Vikings anytime we have a tied record.

Just keep winning!

If we beat the Hawks next week, Iike our chances.

by Gareth
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

You never know what’s going to happen. Rodgers could get hurt leading to Green Bay completely falling apart. It’s happened before.

Also, it’s feasible that the 49ers could lose three games - NO, Rams, Sea. If that happened, and the Rams win out, I believe the Rams would make it over San Francisco. Not likely but possible.

In my mind, if the Rams win out they will make the playoffs. With one loss they still have a shot because I think Minnesota could possibly lose two games.

Most likely the Rams split their last four games and finished 9–7 but there is still plenty of hope.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

through week 13 the rams have faced the 3rd toughest schedule among nfc teams, while the vikes have faced the 3rd softest, i.e. rams rank 3rd and the vikes 14th in nfc strength of schedule among nfc teams, something that certainly won't change much in the next four weeks.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Some thoughts on the tiebreaker.

The Rams don't play the Vikings, so the first tiebreaker (head to head) does not apply.

The second is conference record. Right now, the Rams are 5-3 and the Vikings are 6-3. All of the Rams' remaining games are against NFC opponents, so they'd be 9-3 if they were to win out. The Vikings play 3 games in the conference, and one against an AFC opponent (Chargers). Should they go 3-1 with the loss being @LAC, then they'd have to go to the next tiebreaker: record against common opponents.

In that scenario, the Rams would win the tiebreaker. Currently, they Rams have a record of 2-1 against ATL, CHI and SEA, while the Vikings are 1-2 against those teams. If the Rams win out and the Vikings lose only to LAC, then the Rams would finish 3-1 in common opponent games (adding a win vs. Seattle) and the Vikings would finish 2-2 (adding a win vs. Chicago).

After that, we'd have to go to strength of victory and strength of schedule. No way I could project those right now.

Its also worth noting that if Green Bay were to slip and lose 2 of their last four and the Rams caught them by winning out, the Rams would win the conference record tiebreaker (9-3 vs. 8-4).

So... bottom line... the Rams need to keep winning! 8-)

Every scenario I could try on the playoff machine has the Rams owning the tie breaker. The Vikings do have an easier schedule the rest of the way. But 3 of their 4 games are division games.

For some reason, the NFC north seems to have much tougher games within the division. Rivalries are strong with that one. So they could easily be beat by the Lions or Bears. Or both.

Seahawks appear to be a better team than the Rams based on records. But we know the Rams play them tough every time. I wouldn't pencil in a loss for the Rams with this one. To me, its a tossup.

Whatever the case, we have to take care of our own business. If we can't, we didn't deserve it anyway.

• 2 / 3
22 posts Apr 19 2024