CLOSE
18 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
6 days ago
 Total posts:   3392  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

1. That was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

2. The offense was humming on all cylinders from the start, resulting in some gaudy numbers for several players.

3. Jared Goff had a very good game. Yes, the Cardinals defense is bad, but Goff exceeded their averages in yards (424 > 324.8), yards/attempt (9.8 > 8.4) and passer rating (120.7 > 113.5). Hopefully this will be a confidence booster for future games against tougher defenses.

4. Loved watching Goff take on the lead blocker role to help Robert Woods turn a somewhat broken play into a huge gain. Patrick Peterson, seemingly unwilling to be on Goff's highlight film, got away with a stiff arm to Goff's face to avoid his block. Otherwise, a beautiful play to watch.

5. Refs made some real head-scratching calls. Intentional grounding on a Goff throwaway was one. Even worse was the BS roughing penalty on Obo that wiped out Ramsey's first INT as a Ram.

6. The holding call that nullified Gurley's long TD run was technically a hold, but somewhat ticky-tack. Bummed me out as I wanted to see Gurley get that 100 yard game finally.

7. Gurley looked just fine yesterday, thank you for asking.

8. Taylor Rapp would not be denied. Dropped a potential pick-6 early (though still made a good play to prevent Cards from converting 3rd and 2), had another called back, but finally got his first INT and TD. He's been a very solid player as a rookie and should only get better with experience.

9. With Rapp playing well and John Johnson returning next year, you have to wonder if Eric Weddle might be a cap casualty this offseason.

10. Tyler Higbee had his best game as a Ram. I think our talent level at TE is quite good with Higbee and Gerald Everett. We just need to use them more consistently.

11. Aaron Donald does impressive things every week. His sack of Kyler Murray in the first half one one to watch on replay. First, as he often does, he sheds his blocker with startling ease. He then takes Murray down with one hand. There are few players who could make that play.

12. Murray is a guy who I think will have some success due to his athleticism, but I don't see him becoming a top tier QB.

13. Tough to have to root for the Seahawks tonight. Thankfully, its against the Vikings who (going back to the Purple People Eater days) I'm not very fond of either.

14. And the award for "Least deserving team that will likely make the playoffs" goes to... the Dallas Cowboys.

15. Team doing the most with the least amount of talent: Buffalo Bills.

16. Team doing the least with the most amount of talent: Los Angeles Chargers.

17. Cory Littleton's stat line for this year: 102 tackles (57 solo), 2.5 sacks, 10 PD, 2 INT, 2 FF, 3 FR. Hard to imagine not trying to re-sign him.

18. Dante Fowler is also making a good case: 40 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 12 TFL, 4 PD, 1 FF, 1 FR/TD.

19. Its December, and the Rams still have a lot to play for. Not hard to remember a time when we couldn't say that. #Perspective.

20. Still... its been a rocky year. Over the final four weeks, we'll have a much better idea regarding the direction this team is headed.

by Haden
6 days ago
 Total posts:   1157  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
Pro Bowl

Great post as always. Concur across the board.

by actionjack
6 days ago
 Total posts:   845  
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

AvengerRam wrote:1. That was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

2. The offense was humming on all cylinders from the start, resulting in some gaudy numbers for several players.

3. Jared Goff had a very good game. Yes, the Cardinals defense is bad, but Goff exceeded their averages in yards (424 > 324.8), yards/attempt (9.8 > 8.4) and passer rating (120.7 > 113.5). Hopefully this will be a confidence booster for future games against tougher defenses.

4. Loved watching Goff take on the lead blocker role to help Robert Woods turn a somewhat broken play into a huge gain. Patrick Peterson, seemingly unwilling to be on Goff's highlight film, got away with a stiff arm to Goff's face to avoid his block. Otherwise, a beautiful play to watch.

5. Refs made some real head-scratching calls. Intentional grounding on a Goff throwaway was one. Even worse was the BS roughing penalty on Obo that wiped out Ramsey's first INT as a Ram.

6. The holding call that nullified Gurley's long TD run was technically a hold, but somewhat ticky-tack. Bummed me out as I wanted to see Gurley get that 100 yard game finally.

7. Gurley looked just fine yesterday, thank you for asking.

8. Taylor Rapp would not be denied. Dropped a potential pick-6 early (though still made a good play to prevent Cards from converting 3rd and 2), had another called back, but finally got his first INT and TD. He's been a very solid player as a rookie and should only get better with experience.

9. With Rapp playing well and John Johnson returning next year, you have to wonder if Eric Weddle might be a cap casualty this offseason.

10. Tyler Higbee had his best game as a Ram. I think our talent level at TE is quite good with Higbee and Gerald Everett. We just need to use them more consistently.

11. Aaron Donald does impressive things every week. His sack of Kyler Murray in the first half one one to watch on replay. First, as he often does, he sheds his blocker with startling ease. He then takes Murray down with one hand. There are few players who could make that play.

12. Murray is a guy who I think will have some success due to his athleticism, but I don't see him becoming a top tier QB.

13. Tough to have to root for the Seahawks tonight. Thankfully, its against the Vikings who (going back to the Purple People Eater days) I'm not very fond of either.

14. And the award for "Least deserving team that will likely make the playoffs" goes to... the Dallas Cowboys.

15. Team doing the most with the least amount of talent: Buffalo Bills.

16. Team doing the least with the most amount of talent: Los Angeles Chargers.

17. Cory Littleton's stat line for this year: 102 tackles (57 solo), 2.5 sacks, 10 PD, 2 INT, 2 FF, 3 FR. Hard to imagine not trying to re-sign him.

18. Dante Fowler is also making a good case: 40 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 12 TFL, 4 PD, 1 FF, 1 FR/TD.

19. Its December, and the Rams still have a lot to play for. Not hard to remember a time when we couldn't say that. #Perspective.

20. Still... its been a rocky year. Over the final four weeks, we'll have a much better idea regarding the direction this team is headed.

Good stuff....

Breaking news, there is nothing wrong with Goff or Gurley. We just need an o-line that can hold its own. You dont go from the best line to one of the worst stat wise and it not have an impact. Gurley mostly sucked pre McVay with a crap o-line. Now he is playing well again with this bigger line against a weaker defense.

Goff can pick apart teams when given some time, nothing has changed this year except the constant pressure he has been under from d-lines. He has missed more throws this year, not been perfect, but overall high level IMO.

I said when we adrafted Rapp that he would make an impact with his nose for the ball and quickness/reaction time, I think we are really seeing it now with him thinking less. Great pick.

I love watching football right now, so many years when season was over after 5-6 games. I am loving this.

by Dick84
6 days ago
 Total posts:   4650  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Corey Littleton is a star. Not a "run stuffer".. but makes a good enough effort there. Long-term... I think he's a guy they have to keep.
Fowler? I like him... just don't know how much he'll cost and if he's worth it. I look at it like this... you probably can keep two of Littleton, Fowler, Brockers, Robey Coleman and Weddle. Which do you choose?

by AvengerRam
6 days ago
 Total posts:   3392  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

Dick84 wrote:Corey Littleton is a star. Not a "run stuffer".. but makes a good enough effort there. Long-term... I think he's a guy they have to keep.
Fowler? I like him... just don't know how much he'll cost and if he's worth it. I look at it like this... you probably can keep two of Littleton, Fowler, Brockers, Robey Coleman and Weddle. Which do you choose?

If that is the choice, I'd take Littleton and Fowler.

Robey-Coleman can (hopefully) be replaced by David Long.
Weddle becomes expendable when JJ returns.
Brockers can be replaced with a decent mid-round draft pick at this point (or, alternatively, return if he's willing to take a significantly smaller salary).

by Dick84
6 days ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:If that is the choice, I'd take Littleton and Fowler.

Robey-Coleman can (hopefully) be replaced by David Long.
Weddle becomes expendable when JJ returns.
Brockers can be replaced with a decent mid-round draft pick at this point (or, alternatively, return if he's willing to take a significantly smaller salary).

Same page, pretty much.
I think Williams will be the slot.
I think it will be a little tougher than that to replace Brockers, though. I hope SJD can produce at that spot & Gaines steps up at nose.

by ramsman34
6 days ago
 Total posts:   3481  
United States of America   Enemy Territory - Seattle
Superstar

Brockers will be replaced by Gaines et al at the DT/DE position, NRC by Long, Weddle should go to the star. With Rapp taking over his spot. Littleton is a MUST resign and Fowler too if we can afford. If not, OBO looks darn good to me.

by Dick84
6 days ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Brockers will be replaced by Gaines et al at the DT/DE position, NRC by Long, Weddle should go to the star. With Rapp taking over his spot. Littleton is a MUST resign and Fowler too if we can afford. If not, OBO looks darn good to me.

Long’s future is on the outside & I think Williams is going to excel in the slot. Johnson replaces Weddle & Rapp expands his role.
There’s a significant drop off from Brockers, right now.

by /zn/
6 days ago
 Total posts:   4662  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Brockers will be replaced by Gaines et al at the DT/DE position, NRC by Long, Weddle should go to the star. With Rapp taking over his spot. Littleton is a MUST resign and Fowler too if we can afford. If not, OBO looks darn good to me.

My 2 cents. Gaines can't play DE in the pros. He's a pure NT. I think Brockers gets a lot of thankless work at 3/4 DE. He will not be easy to replace. There's no one on the roster, not unless SJ-D can play DE, and as a rule if you want a rookie 3/4 to start right away he better be a higher pick.

I don;t think they can afford both Fowler and Littleton.

by ramsman34
6 days ago
 Total posts:   3481  
United States of America   Enemy Territory - Seattle
Superstar

A. They find a way to get Fowler and Littleton done
B. My premise was that Brockers can be replaced inside and out by multiple players. Gaines inside. And SJD outside. Plus late round draft picks. Not as good? Nope. But Brockers is gonna get somewhat paid. CL and Fowler are worth more.

• 1 / 2
18 posts Dec 09 2019