21 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I'm not even thinking about playoffs. I feel like the chances are almost nil. I know stranger things can happen. But I just want to see some improvement with the offense. I want to see Gurley getting his touches and involved like he used to be. I want to see some precision in the passing game. I want to see Goff limit his mistakes. I just want to see some scoring.

Since the bye we look like a Fisher coached team. The one that finished 2016 losing 11 out of 12 with the only win a 9-6 snoozer over another bad team. McVay's gotta figure out a way to score more than 9 offensive points in two games.

Well, I did get what I asked for. Now we see if this is a spring board to better things. Goff had a clean pocket and his precision passing was really good. I feel like like if you gave all QB's in the league a clean pocket to throw, Goff would be top 5. He's that talented with his throws. His problem is when he doesn't have that clean pocket. I'm hoping he will get better in that area as time goes by.

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

You know you’re legend when you quote yourself. Lol. But you are on it. Now, if the Vikings lose tomorrow night; shit gets interesting.

by Fiberop
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Vikings remaining schedule is pretty easy besides the Packers. We have the Seahawks and the Whiners. Of course some hope sure beats getting blown out every game like years past. And please tell McVay stop giving up on 3rd and long, you actually can throw it on 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 20 McVay. It's hard to beat someone when you are only using 2 downs.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Fiberop wrote:It's hard to beat someone when you are only using 2 downs.

Unless you're playing in the Canadian Football league

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Fiberop wrote:Vikings remaining schedule is pretty easy besides the Packers. We have the Seahawks and the Whiners. Of course some hope sure beats getting blown out every game like years past. And please tell McVay stop giving up on 3rd and long, you actually can throw it on 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 20 McVay. It's hard to beat someone when you are only using 2 downs.

When a coach calls the safe plays that he knows are not likely to get the first down, to me its an indication he doesn't trust his quarterback. I've noticed more run plays or quick outs on 3rd and 12 or more. I don't recall him conceding those last year.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

by SWAdude
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

Go Seachikins!

Boy did that taste bad. 🤢

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
Superstar

Horny Mcbae wrote:Go Seahawks

I hate rooting for the Seahawks ... at least I don't have to root for New England today.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

losing to these mooks was a kick in the nads, we had them, even after coughing up a whopping 30 offensive points (8 of 11 seahawks opponents managed to hold them to less), greg just couldn't swing it.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Seahags are making a game of it when it looked like they had it in the bag. 34-30 mid way through the 4th after leading 34-17 early in the 4th. And they had the ball. A blown coverage for a TD and a fumble gives the Vikings life.

• 2 / 3
21 posts Apr 16 2024