59 posts
  • 1 / 6
 by RamsFan818
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Hey all,

I've been a reader of this forum for a while but never posted until today. I read that article in ESPN about the behind the scenes issues with the new stadium between the Rams and Chargers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/281 ... os-angeles

One thing that took me by surprised was this:
"But the Chargers have sold a weak 25,000 season tickets to date, and the Rams have sold a nascent 40,000, with the hope from both clubs that sales will improve after the stadium opens."

I'm a Rams SSL holder and paid a good chunk of change for season tickets in the new stadium. I read from other commenters that the stadium was almost sold out last year and heard the same from other Rams fans. When my turn to purchase came last year the salesperson confirmed the same thing. In fact I couldn't get seats in the section I wanted because it was sold out. So now this story comes out that reveals that a little over half of the season tickets are sold out and I'm a bit concerned because this hurts the value of our SSLs going forward.

Did any of you get the same messaging from the Rams sales team? I'm happy to go to all the games but it's going to really suck knowing people around me could just purchase one game tickets without any SSL costs.

by R4L
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Welcome aboard. Good first post. I'm a bit surprised the Rams are having a hard time selling tickets. Hope it works out for you

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

The thing about this whole situation is, all they have is a name, email, phone number, and address. One could feasibly walk away with only having to eat previous payments, if the value is no longer there OR they do something screwy like a drastically reduced fire sale on SSLs.

Not saying one should. Just saying one could.

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

No one outside the Rams and Chargers know how many have been sold. They certainly would not share with ESPN.
They probably tried to connect some dots and came up with that number as they could have worked backwards from what the Alleged amount of money chargers were short brought up during the last owner meeting.
So it’s all just a guess.

by halftrojan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
Undrafted Free Agent

It wouldn’t be a stretch to me to say that the Rams have only sold 40k SSLs. However, when they say the Rams have only sold 15k more than the Chargers I call BS.

That articles had plenty of inaccuracies to discredit the entire article.

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Welcome @RamsFan818 . Hope to see you post more often.

Imo, there's no way that Chargers fans bought that many SSL's. Their cheaper pricing may have attracted more casual investor fans though. Apples and oranges pricing. Not fair to Rams buyers.

For the record, I'm really not a fan of these SD teams in LA cutting into the Rams and Lakers market share.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

halftrojan wrote:It wouldn’t be a stretch to me to say that the Rams have only sold 40k SSLs. However, when they say the Rams have only sold 15k more than the Chargers I call BS.

That articles had plenty of inaccuracies to discredit the entire article.

But how many did the Chargers sell after the fire sale?

Plus I thought Legends said they were trying to keep SSLs away from brokers and in the hands of real fans. Maybe they started looking the other way for the Chargers and got a few thousand more season tickets sold?

by halftrojan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
Undrafted Free Agent

Possible, but even the 40k Rams sold seems low to me based on what I have heard.

My Rams SSL rep has told me that VIP has less than 1k tickets left while Premiere is completely sold out. Not sure how accurate this is but it’s a verified rep as opposed to some random comment in the ESPN article.

Also the article goes on about the cost of the stadium being $5B which is not true. The entire development, which is massive, is $5B. The SSLs at most would contribute maybe $1B so coming in short really isn’t a big deal to the overall project. Kroenke is in it for the long haul, he will come out a winner no matter what. They aren’t making new land in LA, especially for large developments like this.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Has anyone not gotten the price tier they aimed for in Rams SSLs? If so which direction were you forced: less expensive or more expensive?

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:Has anyone not gotten the price tier they aimed for in Rams SSLs? If so which direction were you forced: less expensive or more expensive?

I was a slam dunk for my sales rep. I was on the waiting list like everyone else. Once I was able to do it, I called and asked what the best seats were in a certain price point. We went over them, and yes, many were sold out already, and that was that. I was a very easy sell. She probably knew not to bother asking as I was already all researched out and happy.
Funny story though, I went over the calculations with my wife on our limit on how much to spend. Once I finished and she was ringing me up it was double the cost. It took me a second and I was "oh snap! Thats right, I need TWO seats so I have to double the cost". I said the hell with it and did it anyway.

P.S. Charger fire sales STILL pisses me off.

• 1 / 6
59 posts Apr 24 2024