23 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:I feel trolled ... ok not really ... but I take your "compare" quote as a challenge. ( in all good fun)

Non-first round picks by Mike Mayock this season.

Foster Moreau
Maxx Crosby
Hunter Renfrow
Trayvon Mullen

I agree Mike has done a good job in the draft this year. One of the teams I was alluding too was Tampa bay. The bucs have nothing to show for their 2016 draft, reminds me of all Rams drafts pre-Snead.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

actionjack wrote:The bucs have nothing to show for their 2016 draft, reminds me of all Rams drafts pre-Snead.

Excellent point.

I think a lot of GMs are taking note of Snead lately and trying to learn from what Snead is doing right. Snead's track record before Fish were excellent, and his track record after Fish is excellent too.

This kind of lends credence to my (conspiracy) theory that Fish micromanaged Snead.

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:Excellent point.

I think a lot of GMs are taking note of Snead lately and trying to learn from what Snead is doing right. Snead's track record before Fish were excellent, and his track record after Fish is excellent too.

This kind of lends credence to my (conspiracy) theory that Fish micromanaged Snead.

I agree, I think Fisher had a lot of impact on the drafts. I also think under Snead/Fisher they didnt draft offensive players as well. Snead definitely better under McVay. I am not sure who gets credit for drafting Goff :D :shock2:

Overall to get this, much help from the 2019 draft this early is encouraging.
Here is two different takes on the Rams draft from the Sporting News (just after draft)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... r40730hj70

32. Los Angeles Rams (yes dead last)

Whom they drafted: S Taylor Rapp, RB Darrell Henderson, CB David Long, OT Bobby Evans, DT Greg Gaines, OT David Edwards, S Nick Scott, LB Dakota Allen

Let’s just say this is a 180 from the superstar free-agent haul Les Snead gathered in the 2018 offseason to turn the Rams into NFC champions. The Rams strangely ignored their need to boost their interior offensive line and edge pass rush early. Rapp and Henderson have real bust potential and both Long and Evans were reaches, leaving Gaines as their one truly OK pick.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... bdibpkhz8p

Los Angeles Rams

Round 2 (61): S Taylor Rapp, Washington
Round 3 (70): RB Darrell Henderson, Memphis
Round 3 (79): CB David Long, Michigan
Round 3 (97): OT Bobby Evans, Oklahoma
Round 4 (134): Greg Gaines DL, Washington
Round 5 (169): T David Edwards, Wisconsin
Round 7 (243): S Nick Scott, Penn State
Round 7 (251): LB Dakota Allen, Texas Tech

Draft Grade: B+

Analysis: The big question here is what drafting Henderson says about Todd Gurley's knee, but he is still a valuable insurance policy who should contribute immediately on the ground and in the passing game. After trading out of the first round, the Rams snagged a versatile safety many expected to go day one in Rapp. Long has the ability to eventually win a starting role in the secondary while Evans and Edwards provide much-needed depth to an offensive line featuring a 37-year-old tackle in Andrew Whitworth.

• 3 / 3
23 posts Apr 18 2024