63 posts
  • 5 / 7
 by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Who would want a marginal quarterback with an attitude and would bring a lot of distractions with him? I don't think Goodell doesn't want him playing. In some ways he might prefer him signed with a team to show he's not trying to prevent it. But what team would want him? No coach or GM wants the distraction. And honestly, I have doubts Kaepernick wants to play. He got himself back in the news. Mission accomplished.

Then why was it that the NFL called for the open tryout?

by RedAlice
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

So Snack says he thinks the NFL wouldn’t mind him playing, but that he doubts a GM or coach would want the distraction he brings.

And you ask why the NFL had a tryout in response?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by RedAlice
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I expect that some teams were sincere and wanted to see if Kap was serious and could still play.

Instead, he created media drama, makes it all about himself and keeps it political with his choice of attire.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Pretty obvious to me why NFL did a hurry-up on Kapernick's public workout....it was part of his legal settlement with the NFL.....but neither side could talk about it....for legal reasons.

To me, the NFL had a legal obligation to provide this public showcase of CK's residual football skills, and they said, "OK, we HAVE to do this, so we will do it in the most uncomfortable, one-sided way that we can legally get away with",
including that One-Sided Injury Waiver deal that CK's side refused to sign. I think the NFL lawyers set CK up to look like a buffoon via this Workout which they were legally obligated to provide and publicize.

...and I think the NFL succeeded. :idea2:

JMO.

by azramsfan93
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:A lot of people hate him for his calling out corrupt cops.

I hate his positions that support murderous communists like Assata Shakur, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro - but you do you.

Today a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork to continue to hate on him.

excessive hating on him for non-football reasons on football forums ... is equally as bad as the player using the NFL platform for his political views and for being the attention whore he is.

Equally as bad? Did you think about what you wrote before you wrote it?

He can come on any public forum and make any statement he wants, as can the rest of us.

If the owner of any football forum doesn’t like what we say, they can stop us from saying it on their dime. Just like the NFL can stop that whiny bitch.

Your take is the only bad thing I have seen.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Pretty obvious to me why NFL did a hurry-up on Kapernick's public workout....it was part of his legal settlement with the NFL.....but neither side could talk about it....for legal reasons.

To me, the NFL had a legal obligation to provide this public showcase of CK's residual football skills, and they said, "OK, we HAVE to do this, so we will do it in the most uncomfortable, one-sided way that we can legally get away with, including that One-Sided Injury Waiver deal that CK's side refused to sign. I think the NFL lawyers set CK up to look like a buffoon via this Workout which they were legally obligated to provide and publicize.

...and I think the NFL succeeded. :idea2:

JMO.

You might be right. But I find it hard to believe that either sides lawyers would let a settlement occur that didn't exactly lay out how the show/fake tryout would occur. Maybe Kaepernick's lawyers were dumb enough to accept the settlement without paying attention to the details? I don't know: this is all really odd.

by azramsfan93
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Lord, what's the world coming to when I actually agree with SAS?

"You don't want to work, you just want to make some noise."

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I object to the thread title...