58 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:I give the OP a C+ on the Watchdog dramatic delivery scale. Good use of repitition. The metaphor is a little off putting and may turn off readers. Not enough paragraph breaks to impart dramatic weight and fake gravitas

PM me for tips, I have some ideas

Your posts are adorable.

Do they come in adult sizes?

by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Getting back to the thread topic, yes the line is bad. Yes, its hard to game plan knowing how limited you are because of that. But it is possible. Question is, is it possible for McVay? I have my doubts. He's not the wonder boy we all thought he was. Teams know his tendencies and he has no answer for that. Will he eventually learn from it? I really don't know. I want to think he's smart enough but every week he's looking overwhelmed unless we play a really bad defense.

We've seen a lot of "offensive minds" come into the game and have success in the short term. In most cases, defenses eventually catch up to some degree, and modifications have to be made. Can McVay counterpunch? We'll see.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:We've seen a lot of "offensive minds" come into the game and have success in the short term. In most cases, defenses eventually catch up to some degree, and modifications have to be made. Can McVay counterpunch? We'll see.

Martz did. 2002 7-9 to 2003 12-4. Mind you, he went 12-4 with Marc Bulger and mostly Arlen Harris running the ball with Faulk hurt that year for some time.

by dieterbrock
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:I give the OP a C+ on the Watchdog dramatic delivery scale. Good use of repitition. The metaphor is a little off putting and may turn off readers. Not enough paragraph breaks to impart dramatic weight and fake gravitas

PM me for tips, I have some ideas

*repetition*

by rams74
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Mr. Sparkle wrote:What I am getting out of all of this is we need a French coach? Worth a shot.

That's not what I got out of this. If Dante Scarnecchia is the gold standard in O-line coaches currently, then it stands to reason we're looking for a septuagenarian Italian coach.

by ramsrams
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

For some reason, I just went to my refrigerator and checked the “best before” dates.

by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Typically, you game plan against what a team has shown you over their past 4 games. Smart game planners look at how the team they are preparing for game planed and what they ran against teams that run systems similar to their own. You don’t just say hey, were going to go to a short passing game or run power-G instead of our ZBS. IT TOTALLY depends on what a game planner BELIEVES the opponent will do against the tendencies he himself has shown over the past 4 games, etc. it’s a chess match. Now, you can certainly adapt “other” plays that better suit your limitations against the looks you expect. However, the offense was installed in OTAs and training camp. These plays we all want to happen have to be in the initial install or you are designing a game plan from scratch - with 5 days to prepare and 3 days to practice and master. That is completely unviable.

We have to hope that MCVay has answers already built into his installed play book and also able to create a smaller subset of new plays to teach, learn, master prior to the game. Again, based on the tendencies of the opponent over the last 4 games.

by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

And, all of my above statement must take into consideration what McVay feels comfortable calling with the limitations of the current o line AND, what he thinks will work against the down and distance defensive tendencies his opponent - the Bears next - have shown.

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm a firm believer in the Jim's and Joe's over the X's and O's. Why do you think everyone wants the best players? We have the Jim's and Joe's at receiver and running back. But not the line and and the quarterback is a question mark. Without those two the others can't do what they do. Most play calls work when the players execute correctly.

by aeneas1
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

so the patriots have been enjoying mold-free bread for 20+ years, an artisan sour dough perhaps, probably not, more likely wonder white, packed full of wholesome preservatives.

01.png

• 2 / 6
58 posts Apr 16 2024