58 posts
  • 1 / 6
 by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

You can't make a good sandwich with moldy bread.

Saying that does not mean that a bad sandwich can't ALSO be the result of low quality meat, wilted lettuce, and spoiled condiments. But, no matter how good the stuff on the inside might be, moldy bread ruins a sandwich.

Jared Goff is a good QB. Not the best in the league, or even in that conversation, but good enough to take a team to the Super Bowl before his 25th birthday.

We have enough talent at the skill positions to succeed. Indeed, most teams would envy our RB/WR/TEs.

Sean McVay can develop and operate an effective offense. Its fair to assert that he's at a point at which defenses have caught up, and he needs to adjust, but I believe he's not a one-trick pony and is capable of doing so.

The OL is horrible. Even before the injuries, the Rams gamble of letting veterans go and relying on unproven players FAILED. Now, with injured players, it could get even worse.

The bread is moldy. The sandwich is going to be bad.

We need new bread.

And that's all I have to say about that. I know there are some who think its more a McVay issue. No disrespect... I just disagree. Some think its Goff's limitations. Again, no disrespect, but I see it differently. Some might even point at Todd Gurley. While I think the question of "what's up with Gurley" is valid, I don't see that as the issue so, again... agree to disagree.

Hopefully some good things will happen in the remainder of this season. I'm realistic, though... this isn't our year.

We need new bread.

by dieterbrock
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Thing is though, you can cut the mold spots out, make due with what you have.
May not be the best sandwich you've ever had, but you don't have to throw away the whole meal over it.
The o-line is not 100% terrible

by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Thing is though, you can cut the mold spots out, make due with what you have.
May not be the best sandwich you've ever had, but you don't have to throw away the whole meal over it.
The o-line is not 100% terrible

I think the mold is covering the whole thing.

Next offseason, I see no reason to shop for meat (QB), cheese (RB), veggies (WRs) or condiments (TEs). We need new bread.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Actually moldy bread (and spoiled meats because of no refrigeration) back in Napoleonic France led to the development of the Five French Mother Sauces:
Bechamel
Veloute
Espagnole
Tomato
Hollandaise
Designed to mask the taste of spoiled meat.

Too bad Kromer can't come up with a magic sauce to make his spoiled and rancid OLine play better. Unfortunately Das Professor Kromer is NOT "a sauce guy."

Apparently he is only good at brewing his one specialty.....BullShit Lemonade. He brews it in August, and it gets served up to Rams fans September thru December......evidently it doesn't keep till January. :lol2:

Side Effects from Kromer's toxic concoction include:
nausea
discombobulation
severe anger
acute embarrassment in the Company of 49er and Seahawk fans
....and the constant murmuring of phrases like:
Fuck, we're back to 7-9 bullshit!
Who died and made Mike Martz OLine Coach!!??
I hate Sundays!!!
I need a new hobby. :cry2:

A pox on Kromer's house!!! :x :arrow2: :twisted2:

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Actually moldy bread (and spoiled meats because of no refrigeration) back in Napoleonic France led to the development of the Five French Mother Sauces:
Bechamel
Veloute
Espagnole
Tomato
Hollandaise
Designed to mask the taste of spoiled meat.

Too bad Kromer can't come up with a magic sauce to make his spoiled and rancid OLine play better. Unfortunately Das Professor Kromer is NOT "a sauce guy."

Apparently he is only good at brewing his one specialty.....BullShit Lemonade. He brews it in August, and it gets served up to Rams fans September thru December......evidently it doesn't keep till January. :lol2:

Side Effects from Kromer's toxic concoction include:
nausea
discombobulation
severe anger
acute embarrassment in the Company of 49er and Seahawk fans
....and the constant murmuring of phrases like:
Fuck, we're back to 7-9 bullshit!
Who died and made Mike Martz OLine Coach!!??
I hate Sundays!!!
I need a new hobby. :cry2:

A pox on Kromer's house!!! :x :arrow2: :twisted2:

What I am getting out of all of this is we need a French coach? Worth a shot.

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

7-9 bullshit? If they continue to play like the other day 7-9 will be looking pretty good. And the Jacksonville Jaguars would be doing cartwheels over that. Remember when we traded our first for Goff and gave the Titans the number 5 pick? Might not be that bad because we already have 5 wins, but the Jags are likely to have a pick somewhere in the teens. Maybe low teens.

by rather
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I give the OP a C+ on the Watchdog dramatic delivery scale. Good use of repitition. The metaphor is a little off putting and may turn off readers. Not enough paragraph breaks to impart dramatic weight and fake gravitas

PM me for tips, I have some ideas

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Getting back to the thread topic, yes the line is bad. Yes, its hard to game plan knowing how limited you are because of that. But it is possible. Question is, is it possible for McVay? I have my doubts. He's not the wonder boy we all thought he was. Teams know his tendencies and he has no answer for that. Will he eventually learn from it? I really don't know. I want to think he's smart enough but every week he's looking overwhelmed unless we play a really bad defense.

• 1 / 6
58 posts Apr 19 2024