7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Peters - 2 pick-6
Ramsey - 1 FF

I have the worst feeling that what we saw the past 2 seasons were an anomaly. I really thought we had the coach(es), personnel people, QB, RB, AD/defensive potential, STs...to be an absolutely dominant team for at LEAST the next 3-4 years.

Now? I have doubts everywhere except AD.

Simply put, with a decimated o line, if we see ANY 11-personnel - we can start the his ego is bigger than his talent talk about McVay. If he doesn’t start playing old school football AND create deception in the passing game with 2 and 3 TE sets, we have less than the “we have no chance” position we are in now.

by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago

And ya, the thread title is a tease. And a analogy of how perception gets its ass kicked by reality.

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Well obviously Peters impact in his new digs is more than remarkable. Carer 3 weeks.
Ramsey (ticky tack PF not withstanding) has changes the backfield. At least on one side. Dumping Peters and Talib in just about a week was under the radar ballsy. That's a lot of expensive talent departing at once. Hill ?? We could have used those pick 6's.

On the heels of the departures of Saffold / Sully and the injury to Note, we are in serious trouble up front. Take TGII out of the equation as well, it's no real wonder why we suck lately.

by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago

No idea what their plan is. But this team is not talented now. And that is just freaky weird.

by actionjack
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:No idea what their plan is. But this team is not talented now. And that is just freaky weird.

We usually see eye to eye. I dont see huge problems, the Rams had to gamble somewhere to keep their players and its blown up with injuries to young o-line. I love moving on from Peters and Talib. Ramsey is a true shutdown corner and we have other quality young corners. We will need to sign and draft more o-lineman and add on the D-line as well, the rest I feel very good about. Gurley is the question mark, IMO he looks good when he has some holes, other times it reminds me of pre-Mcvay when Gurley wasnt doing anything for a couple seasons. I do know they need to get him involved in the passing game more.

by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Ramsey is a better CB than Peters.

Peters was set to be a FA.

I'm fine with the move.

by dieterbrock
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Peters was a bad fit in this defense, and a perfect fit for what they are doing in Baltimore.
Good for him that he's doing well and will be cashing in come FA.
The Rams on the other hand picked up a true shut down corner who isn't due FA for an additional year.
Ravens made out well, the Rams made out well.

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 18 2024