Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't get the hate for Kromer. Is it really all his fault? Last year and all offseason I kept hearing "In Kromer we trust". He was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So they go into the season with two new inexperienced players, suffered multiple injuries, guys that weren't even on the roster in camp are starting now. And all of a sudden Kromer is the problem. Not sure I see it that way.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Saint Paul Boudreau was the fall guy//scapegoat for Jeff Fisher, so how come Aaron TeenAgerSuckerPunchGuy Kromer cannot wear the goat horns for McVay and Snead, and take the bullet, huh?? :?2:

by Flash
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:Tell that to the cheatin sumbitches up in Foxboro....

Coaching matters, scheme matters and most importantly player evaluation matters.
Kromer may not have the authority on who to draft/sign FA, but he surely has a voice in the room regarding the needs he has on the o-line.
Have to imagine that if Kromer is telling McVay and Snead that the oline is going to get beaten down like a teen ager stealing a beach chair, that they just said, let's make due

I'm not saying coaching/scheme doesn't matter. All I'm saying is you coach who you have and if what you have is not good then the byproduct most likely won't be good.

From what I see Kromer's track record is very good but so was the talent. This year we have a big deficiency in talent level on the OL and the injuries just compound the problem.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

So....about this Bryan Witzmann OG the Panthers cut today and is going on waivers.....per wikipedia....

6'7" 320 lbs Hometown: Somerset, WI Age: 29

Witzmann was a UDFA OG outa South Dakota State in 2014 for the Houston Texans, then,
New Orleans 2015
Dallas 2016
Minnesota 2016
KC 2016-17
Chicago 2018.........boy, this Wisconsin native does NOT wanna leave the Central Time Zone. eh!
Cleveland 2019.....cut by Brownies August 31st, 2019 :roll2:
Miami 2019.....Sept 14th to 19th...so cut 5 days-in by the FINS???!!! :oops2:
Carolina 2019.....on a positive note, he DID last 7 weeks with the Panthers

NFL Games Played 37
NFL Games Started 20

So.....these are the OLine gems available in mid-November sportsfans! :?

So if Snead gets to nab Witzmann to LA, we have to hope that....
the TENTH time is the charm!!! :lol2:

by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Three guys to consider, maybe...

Vlad Ducasse - played for the Bills most recently. Released in August. Graded out okay in recent years, so not sure what the issue was. If it was physical, no thanks. If it was money... maybe he's ready for a paycheck again?

Mitch Hyatt - rookie from Clemson. On Dallas practice squad. Cowboys have a lot of quality and depth on the OL, so perhaps Hyatt is a guy who, though not able to crack their lineup, could be worth a look.

Keegan Render - rookie from Iowa. On Eagles practice squad. Was a starter and captain for Iowa. I tend to favor Big 10 OL.

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I don't really understand any of this. But it doesn't bode well when they are resorting to Craigslist to find O Linemen.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

How about SF's First Rounder from 2016, :shock2:
the 2015 Outland Trophy winner, :o
Stanford Cardinal OG Josh Garnett who has had some injury issues and was final cut by 49ers on August 31, 2019.

Was IR'd one year with knee surgery and missed part of another year with a dislocated toe.....but he was a 6' 4.5" 312 lb stud who did 30 BP reps at the Combine! :shock2:

So what if Joshua Samuel Garnett grew up in Puyallup, WA....so did Dane Looker and Johnny Hekker!
So what if Garnett's dad, Scott Garnett played for the 49ers? :shock2: um...Jared Goff was a 49er fan!!! So there!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

Seriously......Memo to Les Snead.....get hold of current Free Agent Joshua Garnett's agent and get a friggin' tryout on this guy. I do not care if Garnett walks with a permanent limp......he cannot be as bad as Demby!!! :x :arrow2: :evil2:

by rams74
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:I don't get the hate for Kromer. Is it really all his fault? Last year and all offseason I kept hearing "In Kromer we trust". He was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So they go into the season with two new inexperienced players, suffered multiple injuries, guys that weren't even on the roster in camp are starting now. And all of a sudden Kromer is the problem. Not sure I see it that way.

This happens all over the league, among some of the best O-line coaches in the game. Sainthood one year does not preclude vilification the next. It has to be somebody's fault, so it's usually the O-line coach's.

• 3 / 4
36 posts Apr 16 2024