32 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Gurley seems to be the only guy who makes comments one could read into. Maybe HE doesn’t want the ball as much? Who knows. I do think McVay needs to beef up the blocking with TEs, commit more heavily to the run/lean on his D, and for God’s sake shorten up the passing game route depth.

by actionjack
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, mcvay losing the locker room any time soon strikes me as more than an enormous reach, especially in terms of gurley, this slump is mardi gras for him compared to what he went through with fisher... if nothing else i think it's pretty clear that mcvay respects his players and his players respect him, in fact i think they love playing for him.

that said, there's something going on with the offense that transcends a bad oline imo, instead it's a scheme that needs to be reworked... the steelers? sure, they played a solid game and have a better than average defense but, my goodness, they aren't that good, yet they absolutely embarrassed the rams.

hell, since 2012 the steelers have played 121 regular season games of which they've held an opponent to just 3 offensive points or less two times - once against the 2019 rams and once against the 2019 winless bengals.

anyway, i'm certainly not going to fret if the rams finish the year with more of a whimper than a bang, because i still think the future looks very bright, this thing doesn't come close to looking like an all-out dumpster fire to me, i think the rams can and will regroup for the 2020 season and continue to be one of the top teams in the league going forward.

I mostly agree with this take, however I do think the o-line is the center of a lot of their problems. I also feel defenses have figured out ways to slow down the McVay offense. I still think you have to have the right personal to beat us ala a very good d-line, but it out there.
McVay will need to adjust, I think he has some but the o-line has held them back.

If the Rams feel like Gurley is fine, than time to ride him for most of the game. Lets see what he can do with 20-30 touches. Our biggest weapon use to be the screen game to gurley, now its gone, been gone all season for the most part.

• 4 / 4
32 posts Apr 19 2024