16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsman34 wrote:The play calling is also bad. Can you honestly blame everything Goff does poorly on the o line? Where’s the run game, jet sweeps, screens game, quick pass game (slants, come backs), where are the RBs in the passing game by design, not dump off options??? Have we run a draw at all? If the coach KNOWS his o line is limited, can he not come up with Some things that work consistently, semi-consistently? the fake punt? WTF was that? And why? Why the “hey he’s not going to punt play? Desperation in a one score game.

It’s more than the o line but yes, they are a major problem.

Agreed with your take and frustration.
Confounding really..

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsman34 wrote:And how do they fix the o line?

They dont = we're screwed...

by SoCalRam78
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

30 plus years as a fan. Whatever pockets of success they’ve had has been followed by fucking it up. I really think/thought McVay was different. But they’re making a ton of dumb decisions. Les Snead is reading his press clippings too much. Every move they’ve made since the SB has been awful. The Ramsey deal was idiotic.

by moklerman
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

SoCalRam78 wrote:30 plus years as a fan. Whatever pockets of success they’ve had has been followed by fucking it up. I really think/thought McVay was different. But they’re making a ton of dumb decisions. Les Snead is reading his press clippings too much. Every move they’ve made since the SB has been awful. The Ramsey deal was idiotic.
I don't agree. The defense has been playing much better and at least part of that is because of Ramsey.

The defense gave up 7 points today and scored 9 points and it wasn't enough. The defense needed to be addressed and they did and it is improved.

The o-line/scheme/playcalling/usage/etc. are all problematic on offense but where do you start?

by dieterbrock
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I don't agree. The defense has been playing much better and at least part of that is because of Ramsey.

The defense gave up 7 points today and scored 9 points and it wasn't enough. The defense needed to be addressed and they did and it is improved.

The o-line/scheme/playcalling/usage/etc. are all problematic on offense but where do you start?

I agree. While the outlook for this season is bleak, the play of the defense is not to be dismissed. Ramsey has been a big part of the turnaround. Having him and Donald locked down will have this team in great shape going forward.
Now the offense?? Help....

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't know if I feel this way because of a knee jerk reaction to a loss. But I'm starting to think the critics were right about Goff. He was a good quarterback when the system was right. He had a top line with good receivers and an all pro running back. Defenses were confused by all the alignments and pre snap motion.

Now he doesn't have all that and he's looking like a quarterback who's having trouble finding his way. I don't see the accuracy anymore. I see bad decisions. I see happy feet. And a long, slow release that allows defenders to get a hand on his arm and create fumbles. And an offense that can only score against weak defenses.

How many weak defenses do we have remaining on the schedule? Not enough to get to ten wins. Maybe not even 9 wins.

• 2 / 2
16 posts Apr 17 2024