• 1 / 1
 by Stranger
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Blocks from my home.
https://abc7news.com/kincade-fire-incre ... r/5652149/

We evac'd Sat morn to Tahoe. Just returned. Embers in our yard look like it got so hot that they appear petrified.

Everyone I talk to up here is now seriously thinking about moving out of California, including us.

by Haden
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2136  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I quit the Pasadena Police and moved to Spokane in 1987. Worked as a cop up here before going to law school at Gonzaga University. Never regretted it one bit. My wife and I were not going to raise kids in L.A. Several of my friends from L.A. moved here too and are all glad they did.

by Stranger
4 years 5 months ago
Superstar

Haden wrote:I quit the Pasadena Police and moved to Spokane in 1987. Worked as a cop up here before going to law school at Gonzaga University. Never regretted it one bit. My wife and I were not going to raise kids in L.A. Several of my friends from L.A. moved here too and are all glad they did.

My bro moved across statelines from you in 1991 (from Santa Barbara), to Spirit Lake, ID.

I have been to Spokane many times. Really nice place. I am looking at Colorado Springs.

by Haden
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2136  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

That is ironic. When I worked as a cop up here, I worked at Rathdrum, Idaho PD and part-time at the Spirit Lake PD (1989-1990). Went to law school in September 1990. Small world.

I enjoy visiting family in L.A. but never would want to live here. IMO, there are simply better places to live. I get down to Colorado occasionally to ski and think the state is beautiful. Denver is sure getting expensive though.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2088  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

by Neil039
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Stranger wrote:My bro moved across statelines from you in 1991 (from Santa Barbara), to Spirit Lake, ID.

I have been to Spokane many times. Really nice place. I am looking at Colorado Springs.

I live in Colorado Springs, along with Legend...it’s changing fast.

No offense, lots of nonsense being brought here from the west coast. Meaning failed initiatives there being recycled here(roads, transit ideas, infrastructure fails, taxes, more government...on and on). Tons of people moving here and water is limited. Watching the eastern part of El Paso county expand like crazy. Sadly, greedy utilities and government officials have over sold water rights and it’s becoming a huge issue. Personal grip, nothing to do with anyone wanting to move here.

On a side note, we need solid mindful people like yourself. If you ever visit or would like information I am available. I’m a native of the city, 47 years. She’s like the mafia, once you’re in it’s almost impossible to leave.

by Stranger
4 years 5 months ago
Superstar

Haden wrote:That is ironic. When I worked as a cop up here, I worked at Rathdrum, Idaho PD and part-time at the Spirit Lake PD (1989-1990). Went to law school in September 1990. Small world.

LOL. Spirit Lake is such a small place.

by Stranger
4 years 5 months ago
Superstar

Neil039 wrote:I live in Colorado Springs, along with Legend...it’s changing fast.

No offense, lots of nonsense being brought here from the west coast. Meaning failed initiatives there being recycled here(roads, transit ideas, infrastructure fails, taxes, more government...on and on). Tons of people moving here and water is limited. Watching the eastern part of El Paso county expand like crazy. Sadly, greedy utilities and government officials have over sold water rights and it’s becoming a huge issue. Personal grip, nothing to do with anyone wanting to move here.

On a side note, we need solid mindful people like yourself. If you ever visit or would like information I am available. I’m a native of the city, 47 years. She’s like the mafia, once you’re in it’s almost impossible to leave.

Thanks for the info. I do need to take a trip out there and have a closer look around.

Colorado Springs really caught my eye because I understand it has one of the best schools West of the Mississippi - Fountain Valley School.

But I hear you when u say you have lots of people moving in and voting for failed policies.

Anywhere else that your would look? I was in Aspen several weeks ago, and if I could afford a home I would move there.

by Neil039
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Stranger wrote:Thanks for the info. I do need to take a trip out there and have a closer look around.

Colorado Springs really caught my eye because I understand it has one of the best schools West of the Mississippi - Fountain Valley School.

But I hear you when u say you have lots of people moving in and voting for failed policies.

Anywhere else that your would look? I was in Aspen several weeks ago, and if I could afford a home I would move there.

Aspen is beautiful and expensive. Bang for your buck is Pueblo West, meaning house size and property. Problem may be it’s super dry there. Typically warmer by 7-10 degrees than Colorado Springs. If you visit here I’d suggest, northern Colorado Springs for value, close the Air Force Academy, 35-40 minutes from South Denver, and school districts. D20 (I live in this one) and D38 two of the best as far as education.

I will say if you like Victorian or places with history downtown Colo Spgs has wonderful homes. Close to the hwy, restaurants, and the views are solid.

Just PM me or Legend if you’re making it back anytime. I am sure one of us will gladly meet up with you.

by Stranger
4 years 5 months ago
Superstar

I am going to PM you guys. Thx for the 411

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 29 2024