113 posts
  • 6 / 12
 by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Not only did he get 7 receptions, he made a couple of pretty good catches. And then there's his blocking.

by ramsrams
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1177  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:7 catches, 107 yard and a TD: The Canuck Call Out continues to pay dividends...

Had some fun with Canuck yesterday ( he’s in Hawaii, and didn’t get the game ), describing Tyler’s “breakout” game.

Nice to see him targeted in the red zone, and hope to see a lot more usage of the TE’s down there.

Cuz it works.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Canuck's reverse mojo worked. Also, for another poster, this probably was a bad week to start a trade Robert Woods thread. :lol2:

by Elvis
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38615  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I thought Higbee was poised to have a big year but maybe his lung injury and the Rams overall offensive struggles threw a wrench into that. Or maybe i was wrong.

But even when the offense is clicking and doing the stuff we want it to, there are a lot of potential weapons on this team and only so many touches to go around...,

by Will0120
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Dick84 wrote:Nope.
Because it was never about whether Woods is good, it’s about what assets you have that you can move.
I would say it was a worse day for those who want to keep him, since he already wants a raise.

Is there a report that I missed somewhere regarding this...? :?2:

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Nope.
Because it was never about whether Woods is good, it’s about what assets you have that you can move.
I would say it was a worse day for those who want to keep him, since he already wants a raise.

The thing is, he's under contract for two more seasons after this one. Yes, he'll get paid when that time comes but it doesn't make sense to move him next season. Not when it doesn't cost much to keep him. I didn't see anything in his comments that make me think he would hold out for more. He said the money will be there when its time. After next season they can revisit and see if its prudent to extend him. For now, he's a solid all around player who isn't breaking the bank. You want to keep those guys as long as you can.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:You can move him and have Reynolds on last year of his Rookie deal.
That’s a good scenario for me, especially if they can get a 2nd for him.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think it would be a good move. You do.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:You can move him and have Reynolds on last year of his Rookie deal.
That’s a good scenario for me, especially if they can get a 2nd for him.

the notion that reynolds could replace what woods brings to the table strikes me as wishful thinking.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i hear where you're coming from i'm just not a fan of the idea, i like reynolds but he's in his 3rd year and still can't do much better than a 50% catch rate, the thought of him becoming a 100+ target guy doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling at the moment.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i hear where you're coming from i'm just not a fan of the idea, i like reynolds but he's in his 3rd year and still can't do much better than a 50% catch rate, the thought of him becoming a 100+ target guy doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling at the moment.

I hate the idea for what you are saying but I give @Dick84 credit for making a fair and reasonable trade idea.
And who knows, maybe in the event this did happen, Reynolds wouldn't be the replacement

• 6 / 12
113 posts Apr 29 2024