23 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by Neil039
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Mahommes dislocated his knee tonight in the second quarter of the game tonight. Reports are MRI tomorrow. Appears to have been popped back I. While still on the field. He walked to the locker room.

On a personal note...FUDGE! He is my RFU Fantasy Football QB

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Never like to see any player injured....especially one who is such a great image & high profile ambassador for the NFL like Patrick Mahomes…...BUT,

we know injuries are part of the game of football, so depth charts are key for teams that have high expectations entering a season......like KC this season. :idea2:

The reason I bring this up....
just as we recognize that injuries are part of the NFL game, I contend that, so too should we recognize that teams need Draft Picks to replenish their Rosters each year right?

FACT: Los Ramos Draft Pick larder has been depleted significantly over the past 48 hours right?

QUESTION: What redundant asset do we have on the Rams Roster that could net us a future decent Draft Pick?
I contend that our backup QB Blake Bortles, the 3rd Overall Pick in the 2014 Draft and the Jaguar QB who played well only a year and a half ago in Foxboro in the AFC Championship Game, could maybe net us a 3rd Round Pick for 2020 given the right circumstances......for instance, from Kansas City, if Mahomes injury removes him from play for a month or more. :idea2:

Per ESPN, behind the 35 year old Matt Moore as backup Chiefs QB, Andy Reid has Chad Henne, who is 34 years old and hasn't made any significant throws in the NFL since 2014!! :idea2: Oh yeah.....it gets better! Chad Henne was put on the Chiefs IR List 2 months ago!!! :shock2:

The 35 year old Matt Moore was adequate tonight for Andy Reid, leading the Chiefs to a relatively easy win over the hapless Broncos......but maybe Andy Reid might want to hedge his bets for KC's anticipated AFC Playoff run, no? Blake Bortles is only 27, is a very experienced NFL starter, is very mobile and durable...……..he should be worth something to Reid, especially if Patrick Mahomes is out for a while.

Just spit-balling here.....but another team with high hopes for 2019 was the Cleveland Browns. :idea2: Guess who Baker Mayfield's only listed backup per ESPN's Browns Depth Chart is huh? One ex-Ram QB picked by Snisher in the 6th Round of the 2014 Draft out of SMU, Garrett Gilbert. :idea2: :arrow2: :!2: Over his NFL career, Garrett Gilbert has completed 50% of his passes......that's right sportsfans, GG has 2 completions out of his total of 4 NFL career attempts!!! :o The only other Browns QB ESPN listed was 35 year old journeyman Drew Stanton.....who is, guess what.... IR'd. :shock2:

If Mayfield got banged up, would the Dog Pound crowd be accepting of the Browns just going with a neophyte like Gilbert as their QB going forward in 2019??? I think not!!

We are only 40% into the 2019 season and NFL QBs are dropping faster than Democrat Presidential Candidates!! :lol2:

Snead needs Draft Picks, and Bortles is nice insurance and all for McVay, and cheap too at only $1 Million of Kroenke Bucks versus the $5.5 Mil that Mr. Khan of Jacksonville generously is paying to BB in 2019......BUT, is Bortles an asset that we should cash-in, if the opportunity to pickup some Draft capital for Les Snead presents itself??

I say, have Snead put feelers out there on BB and see what is offered.

As always, JMO.

by dieterbrock
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

@CanuckRightWinger I think the Mahomes injury is exactly why the Rams don’t trade Blake Bortles, and using your Cleveland example, who would be the Rams backup then?

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Like I wrote....I get the whole McVay insurance factor for 2019 having BB in the wings.....BUT,
what about 2020 and moving forward huh? What's Snead down to for 2020 Draft picks now....4 total?? :shock2: :arrow2: :roll2:

The Rams braintrust rolled the dice, starting two greenhorns on our 2019 OLine. They may have to roll the dice again to ensure we have the minimal 2020 Draft capital to restock the ranks. :idea2:

Of course, if we get upset in a couple more games that we need to win, a la that boner we pulled versus Tampa, then the need for a 2019 Backup-QB Insurance Policy goes out the window, and Bortle's trade for picks will become academic.

We are 3 games in the L column behind SF, with them having beat us.....so call it 4 games back for winning our Division, with 10 games left. :? I'd say that NFC West route window has closed for Los Ramos in 2019, and the Wild Card route is our only path to the Playoffs. Blocking that path are:

Seattle
Minnesota/Chicago/Green Bay
Philly/Dallas
New Orleans/Carolina.....hey counting us, that's a plethora of fairly solid teams all vying for just 2 NFC WildCard spots. :shock2: Looking at that bleak Rams 2019 NFC Playoff landscape, McVay's gotta start feeling like Field Marshall von Paulus at Stalingrad!! :(

Pundits have written that the Jalen Ramsey acquisition, as costly as it was, was NECESSARY to show SoCal potential Rams SeasonTicket buyers that Los Ramos have legitimate stars for them to view on Sundays next year, and in the years going forward, at glittering new KroenkeWorld. I think that's true....so if the future is what's uber important....then better get some future Draft Picks too......because Blake Bortles on the Roster ain't gonna put any fannies in seats at the new stadium!

by ramsfan1977
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

Say what you want about Goff, he is durable.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:Say what you want about Goff, he is durable.

If Goff goes down this weekend with an injury, we're coming for you.

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsfan1977 wrote:Say what you want about Goff, he is durable.

Nah,,, he's going to be snapped in half every game he plays.......

>anti-jinx<

by dieterbrock
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

If the Rams could get something of value for Bortles, I'd be all for it. Only problem is that I don't see where he has value. Sure the contract is really cheap, but he was released and any team could have snatched him. If I'm KC I'd prefer Moore over him, Andy Reid has made a career out of getting the max out of his backup QB's, AJ Feeley, Jeff Garcia, Kevin Kolb all come to mind.

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Nah,,, he's going to be snapped in half every game he plays.......<
you must have been the fan to shout "break a leg" on the first offensive drive of the season

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BobCarl wrote:you must have been the fan to shout "break a leg" on the first offensive drive of the season

That's what you say before a performance. lol

• 1 / 3
23 posts Apr 18 2024