16 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's a look at the rams 4th drive of the game that started at the niners 46 with six and a half minutes remaining in the second quarter and the score tied 7-7... the drive featured henderson's first action of the day, coming off the bench, he carried the ball 3 times for 40 yards (22, 14 and 4) helping the rams move to the niners 5 - after henderson's 3rd carry of the drive he was replaced by brown... from that point on henderson saw 3 more carries on the day, he picked up -1 yard (-3, 0, 2).

henderson's 3 runs on the rams 4th drive of the game (more of this please):

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

That’s the kind of run Gurley used to make.
If he doesn’t get tripped I think he scores and on the second one if he went outside it would’ve been a foot race to pylon. Find that guy some more carries.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I was glad to see Henderson's running ability. I thought the high pitch back to him on his turnover to be ill-advised. Yeah, no doubt that had been practiced but a pretty high stress situation for that call. No doubt both he and McVay will learn from that.

On the plus side, his rookie mistake is hopefully out of the way.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

He’s been catching pitch outs since pop Warner. He saw where he was goi g to attack and just got impatient and “dropped” fundamentals. He’s a rookie. Lack of focus and fundamentals are gonna happen from time to time. I want to see a lot more from him Sunday. Heck, he might be RB1 if TG and Brown can’t go or are limited.

by sloramfan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

3 carries ..40 yards.. wtf

13+ yard avg...

why did we not see this in the preseason??

i don't know, and i don't care...

i do know what i saw sunday..

i saw a runningback that was able to shift, hit the open spot, accelerate, break tackles and put up curious and show stopping numbers, in a very small sample size..

how is something like this missed?

was it pure luck.. i don't think so.. i think this kid has rare, and i mean really rare talent...

rams need to figure this out..quick..

go rams

slo

by sloramfan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

and let me add something..

i personally was really pissed that he earned a nearly all second half benching for the muffed pitchout...

that play was a mcvay screw-up, and on that one i was so pissed that mcvay didn't give him something WAY less pressure packed to at least give the rookie a chance to get more into the flow... and ya i know professional runningbacks should be able to catch a pitch, but c'mon..
ease the rook into the flow..

maybe i'm still too pissed, but that play just ripped my heart out for the kid...

i think he should have got more confidence reps after the turnover instead of a near benching... he was the games only positive

go rams

slo

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

And if I remember correctly, they yanked him out after that first drive to the goal line and gave the duties to Brown. They should've given him the chance to finish properly. He earned it.

by phoenixrising
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

sloramfan wrote:and let me add something..

i personally was really pissed that he earned a nearly all second half benching for the muffed pitchout...

that play was a mcvay screw-up, and on that one i was so pissed that mcvay didn't give him something WAY less pressure packed to at least give the rookie a chance to get more into the flow... and ya i know professional runningbacks should be able to catch a pitch, but c'mon..

maybe i'm still too pissed, but that play just ripped my heart out for the kid...

i think he should have got more confidence reps after the turnover instead of a near benching... he was the games only positive

go rams

slo

Really? I was impressed that they went right back to him the next possession. I like that about McVay. I was afraid they would bench him so I agree with you in principle.

by Will0120
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

sloramfan wrote:and let me add something..

go rams

slo

Pretty sure we didn't bench him. As a matter of fact, I thought maybe Brown was injured by how much Henderson was on the field. Turns out I was right... :(

by 69RamFan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

The Kid is a baller,,,,

Its just taking him time to learn about what the O-line is doing and his responsibility on who to pick up during pass protection...

• 1 / 2
16 posts Apr 19 2024