9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I think so. God, I hope the Rams don't promote within. I want a D Coordinator that converts back to the 4-3. I want Donald to eat from the DT and not be moved around the line playing at end some snaps. Schwartz from the Eagles is someone I would love running our D.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:How was the d a problem this week?

it wasn't, at all, not from where i was sitting... that said, the wade question is interesting, especially given how much experience wade has which has seemingly allowed mcvay to fully hand over the defense while mcvay concentrates on the offense.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:How was the d a problem this week?

Our "D" is going to look much better with teams that are committed to the run and ball control . (i.e San Fran) The Rams have problems with balanced offenses when we cannot get pressure. Let's see how the hold up in ATL with a team that can move the ball thru the air. I just think, Wade likes to sit back and die a slow death instead of bringing the heat more than he should.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Fair enough, I guess.
This week will definitely be different.

But you are right, Our "D" has played did play well enough to win last week. If you told me we would give up 20 and lose. I'd say you were crazy.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:Our "D" is going to look much better with teams that are committed to the run and ball control . (i.e San Fran) The Rams have problems with balanced offenses when we cannot get pressure. Let's see how the hold up in ATL with a team that can move the ball thru the air. I just think, Wade likes to sit back and die a slow death instead of bringing the heat more than he should.

thing is our d didn't look good against the run last season, in fact it ranked dead last in yards per carry allowed in 2018, but the turnaround this year vs the run has been solid, at least through the first 6 weeks... that said, you're absolutely right, the passing game is a different animal, and this d hasn't proven squat against the pass as far as i can tell, which of course doesn't bode well with ryan and company on deck.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

Hard to say the D was the problem while the offense completely and totally shat the bed.
But still, wasn't exactly an awe inspiring effort either. The D had a ton of opportunities to make plays and they didn't.
-The drive after Rams TD, was like taking candy from a baby. Only faced 1 3rd down and made it with ease
-following Rams 3 and out, San Fran drives right back down the field and throws a stupid pass that's picked off, easily could have been another 3-7 points
-Rams get stuffed at the 1 with 3:14 to go in the half, D could have made a stand there and gotten the ball back, instead allow 49ers to drive the length of the field and miss a FG
- score on first 3 drives of 2nd half (yes the TD was off a turnover deep but they offered no resistance) chewing up 15 minutes of game clock
Sure it didn't help that the offense resembled a Keith Null led Rams-O, but still. 9ers ineptitude showed a bit there too. They easily left another 10 points on the field.
I cringe at the thought of Matt Ryan getting at this D. He's thrown 7 TD in last 2 games and has had over 300 yards passing in every game. He's pretty much great at the quick passing game that gives this D fits

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I thought it was an excellent, gutty effort.

You would think against a team missing both of its starting OT the D might play well

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Am I alone in thinking Reeder and SJD are doing well?

if you're talking run, excluding donald, i think brockers, fowler and littleton have really stepped it up this season, especially brockers and fowler, and i think weddle has also been a big contributor vs the run... reeder and sjd? i dunno, ok i guess, sfd better than reeder, but reeder has been a liability in pass coverage imo, love his size but he's been too slow, or too slow to react, something, we'll see tho.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I cringe at the thought of Matt Ryan getting at this D. He's thrown 7 TD in last 2 games and has had over 300 yards passing in every game. He's pretty much great at the quick passing game that gives this D fits

This bothers me too. I know we basically traded Peters for Ramsey and that is an upgrade. But Ryan can put up points. After what Jameis Winston did to us I take nothing for granted. We could slow Ryan down and win. Or he could light us up the way Winston did. I have no idea what to expect.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 19 2024