36 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by actionjack
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

It’s bad enough watching our o-line get manhandled most of the game by the fuking niners, but now they take over the coliseum?!! Hard for me to understand how a recent Super Bowl team can’t draw fans?!!? I’m sorry I just don’t get it.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

How much was that profit taking? What were tickets going for on the resale market?

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:How much was that profit taking? What were tickets going for on the resale market?

I was watching StubHub up until an hour before game time. Nothing under $130 and those were the jacked up seats behind the VIP tent.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:It’s bad enough watching our o-line get manhandled most of the game by the fuking niners, but now they take over the coliseum?!! Hard for me to understand how a recent Super Bowl team can’t draw fans?!!? I’m sorry I just don’t get it.

So the 49ers can’t half fill their own stadium but they can travel to LA?

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:So the 49ers can’t half fill their own stadium but they can travel to LA?

I doubt many traveled down. I bet most of those were SoCal residents who became 49ers fans during the Rams exile in the Midwest.

by ziggy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I think the niners feel they are building towards a special season. I remember last year, even the Coliseum was filling with Rams fans and resale tix were going up and up as we approached the post season.

I have a feeling the Coliseum will be filled with visitors from here on out. Maybe if we right the ship... but LA is a fickle crowd. Its gonna be tough to hold the Coliseum .

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

This topic is starting to beat a dead horse.
I was there and there were a lot of 9er fans. There are a lot of fans of every team is SoCal. There is over 10m people in the area. But the Rams are fine.
At the Bucs game is was overwhelming Rams fans.
But the 9ers were undefeated and have a big presence.
Further more, the problem becomes Rams has nothing to cheer for. At the start, it was Rams house! But when the tide started to turn, Rams fans were leaving in droves. I almost did but my son wanted to stay so we did. So the end of the game is almost entirely 9ers fans as everyone else had left. This happens almost everywhere.
I have said it many times, money talks and when someone is offering me many times over my face on my ticket, I may bight. But in this case, it really was only going for a bout a 50% markup which is not enough for me.
Next year these comments will flair back up again for sure at the new stadium but in telling you, the Rams have been well represented this year and grow each year.
The Chargers look like a different story but I admit I have never been to one of their games.

Also doesn’t help the stadium seats are all bright red.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I think when the new stadium opens we will see a heavier Rams fan presence. At least early on. The Coliseum is just a temporary home. In a city full of transplants and visitors. Opposing fans are no surprise when the team is playing well. That is LA.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I think when the new stadium opens we will see a heavier Rams fan presence. At least early on. The Coliseum is just a temporary home. In a city full of transplants and visitors. Opposing fans are no surprise when the team is playing well. That is LA.

Plus the scourge that is ticket resales/speculation that enables stadium takeovers.

Don’t forget what the 49ers did in Dallas a few years ago.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Sadly, based on the LA market and large number of transplants, we will never have the HFA that some teams do. There are but a handful of teams - chiefs, Steelers, packers, pats, Seahawks that currently and/or traditionally have a real HFA. These are mostly smaller market teams too. If the Rams were following the trajectory of the past 2 seasons then they probably win that game and are undefeated and the crowd would have been much more rams friendly.

• 1 / 4
36 posts Apr 18 2024