33 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

The Rams took a calculated risk this offseason.

They used their cap and draft resources to bolster several areas of the team. The OL was not one of them.

They banked on an aging LT, two “redshirt rookies,” and a journeyman to do the job at four of the five OL spots (the final one manned by a solid, but flawed, RT).

It’s not working.

They can’t protect Goff.

They can’t open holes when opposing defenses key on the run.

I don’t know if anything can be done within this season. I doubt there is a solution in the trade market.

All we can really do is try to mask the problem, but that’s only going to get us so far.

It’s disappointing.

But it’s pretty obvious.

It’s the OL.

by R4L
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Beat me to it. Guess the youngsters didn't get battle tested in practice after all.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Think about this; the fucking 9ers lose their all pro LT and starting OG. Then that make shift line imposes their will on our “vaunted” D

It’s more than the o line bro. It’s BOTH lines.

Snead’s decisions are going to set this team back YEARS. Goff Cannot function under decent pressure. He completely implodes against constant pressure.

There is NO masking any of it. The lines suck and we will be lucky to win 2 more games.

by norcalramfan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   321  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

At the game it’s so obvious the line is horrible. The play so far really comes into question the ability of Kroeber and staff to evaluate talent

The gave Havenstein an extension and let Saffold walk.

So many questions but unfortunately no real answers

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I've posted since the beginning of the season that Rams braintrust decided to Cheap-Out on the Interior of the 2019 OLine.......Noteboom makes $800K, Allen makes $700K and Blythe makes $2Million per year.....Total for 3 guys who protect the closest&fastest route to Goff? $3.5Million...

...meanwhile we shell out $6Million per year for an ordinary TE like Tyler Higbee!!?? :? :arrow2: :roll2:

I also think that Wade Oldman&TheD Phillips is well past his Best Before Date!
I mean you know every OC you play is going to double and triple team Aaron Donald.....AND YOU CANNOT COME UP WITH SCHEMES TO PUT PRESSURE ON THE OPPOSING QB????!!! :oops2: :oops2: :oops2:

NOTE TO WADE: Great scheme on George Kittle today ace....
8 Targets....8 Completions....103 yards....12.9 yds/Rec....Long of 45 yards :roll2:

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

if the oline is so bad how did henderson tear off some of those impressive runs, how did malcolm plow through the niners defense like a hot knife through butter on the opening drive, how did goff have time to hit a wide open everett on a deep pass down the right sideline (but missed)?

it's the playcalling from where i'm sitting, it's disjointed, and often makes little sense, ignoring wide open turf between the numbers against 6-1 fronts, running the ball between the tackles again and again against stacked short yardage defenses, having success running the ball and then ignoring play-action, etc., etc., etc.

look at who the 0-6 bengals have up front, look at their oline, only 3 teams had scored fewer offensive points than the bengals headed into this week, yet those stiffs were able to put up more offensive points on the niners than the rams, good friggin' grief, good friggin' grief.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

aeneas1 wrote:if the oline is so bad how did henderson tear off some of those impressive runs, how did malcolm plow through the niners defense like a hot knife through butter on the opening drive, how did goff have time to hit a wide open everett on a deep pass down the right sideline (but missed)?

it's the playcalling from where i'm sitting, it's disjointed, and often makes little sense, ignoring wide open turf between the numbers against 6-1 fronts, running the ball between the tackles again and again against stacked short yardage defenses, having success running the ball and then ignoring play-action, etc., etc., etc.

look at who the 0-6 bengals have up front, look at their oline, only 3 teams had scored fewer offensive points than the bengals headed into this week, yet those stiffs were able to put up more offensive points on the niners than the rams, good friggin' grief, good friggin' grief.

It’s both. But a quality o line let’s Goff make plays that might not be what’s called primarily - at least in the passing game. The run blocking was awesome to start the game as was the play calling. Then McVay just tripped on the scoreboard I guess. He fucked up on the 3rd and 4th down call at the 1. It happens. Then he panicked and he could not call a play to save his life. Goff missed the wide open Everett bc his in-head play clock was rushed - based on a season under constant duress.

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:if the oline is so bad how did henderson tear off some of those impressive runs, how did malcolm plow through the niners defense like a hot knife through butter on the opening drive, how did goff have time to hit a wide open everett on a deep pass down the right sideline (but missed)?

Are you serious? Nobody is saying that the OL didn’t throw a few good blocks or that the skill players were blameless (yes, Goff missed that throw). But when a team averages 3.3 yards per play (despite two DH carries that yielded 36 yards), the OL isn’t doing its job.

If you want to critique the play calling...have at it.

Even good calls fail, however, when the OL doesn’t/can’t do its job.

Bottom line:

Goff CAN make all the throws.
McVay CAN be an effective play caller.

The current OL...? I’m not convinced that they CAN get the job done.

by SoCalRam78
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Rams season is over. Not being doom and gloom. Two teams in your division are 5-0 and 5-1 and have beaten you. But they gotta figure out what the fuck to do to be back next year. Rams have a a cheap washed up o Line. Their defense also isn’t very good.

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The D played good last season. A few guys can make a big difference. We were missing a few good players today as well. BUT, overall, it seems WP's D gives up way to many 1st downs/yds/points, a lot.

@SoCalRam78, the Fat Lady isnt singing just yet but I think she's warming up.

• 1 / 4
33 posts Apr 18 2024