28 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8521  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

If TG didn’t have the knee arthritis, this contusion would be looked at in isolation - as it should be now. They aren’t related. He took some shots to his thighs in the last game. He takes them fairly often as he is a tall RB.

I hope Henderson is not a lazy fuck and actually works hard at the game plan. You can have all the talent in the world but, if you don’t know what you’re doing.....

TG has looked good to me. The run scheme/o line execution, not so much. Henderson will fare no better if the latter doesn’t change.

by Curly Horns
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   66  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

aeneas1 wrote:is it just a bizarre coincidence that no rams running back has been consistently effective since the rams started facing these 6-1 fronts, these double a-gap blitzes? is there any reason to think henderson would fare any better?

because mcvay is still stumped by crowded fronts.

So, what's the answer? If defenses are going to sell out to stopping the run there certainly must be a counter attack? The Rams can't be the only team that relies heavily on running the ball? Are other teams with strong run attacks facing these fronts? If so, how are they handling them?

It just doesn't seem like it should be that complicated to counter attack. It's still Xs and Os with 11 men. If they sell out to stopping the run then some type of counter passing attack should be effective. I've seen other suggestions for a quicker passing attack. I've also noticed from watching their games that the hurry up/no huddle has been very effective. The hurry up seemed to be more of a staple until late last season. Not sure why they've gotten away from that.

by rams74
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Curly Horns wrote:I've also noticed from watching their games that the hurry up/no huddle has been very effective. The hurry up seemed to be more of a staple until late last season. Not sure why they've gotten away from that.

I agree with this. The Rams are clearly more effective when they get into that hurry up offense. They're so good at executing it, from the WRs placing the ball at the correct spot on the hash mark, to the linemen getting lined up and ready for play, all before the defense can even catch their breath. Get the defense on their heels and keep them there. It doesn't make sense to me why McVay wouldn't use this more often.

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Just saw this...

Lindsey Thiry
ESPN

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley expressed uncertainty Thursday about his availability for Sunday's matchup against the San Francisco 49ers.

"What's today? Thursday?" asked Gurley, who is dealing with a thigh contusion suffered in a Week 5 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. "We've got Friday, Saturday. But just worrying about trying to get back right and make that decision when the time comes."

Since I'm in candid confession mode, let me say this...

I find this type of response weird. I get that Gurley is (1) uncertain about how he'll feel on Sunday, and (2) tired of having to field these types of questions, but he's certainly not giving the types of responses you'd expect from a player. I'd expect something more along the lines of "I'm going to do whatever I can to be out there on Sunday, as long as I think I can help the team win." Instead, we get what comes across as an expression of ennui.

Not drawing any conclusion... just saying... its...well... weird.

by Haden
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

AvengerRam wrote:Just saw this...

Since I'm in candid confession mode, let me say this...

I find this type of response weird. I get that Gurley is (1) uncertain about how he'll feel on Sunday, and (2) tired of having to field these types of questions, but he's certainly not giving the types of responses you'd expect from a player. I'd expect something more along the lines of "I'm going to do whatever I can to be out there on Sunday, as long as I think I can help the team win." Instead, we get what comes across as an expression of ennui.

Not drawing any conclusion... just saying... its...well... weird.

It is weird

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The Gurley situation has always been weird, at least since last year. There's been a disconnect between words and actions.

What it means? Quirky? Something's up? We continue to find out in real time.

I do think it's fair to say that so far this year Gurley is not a bell cow back and has not been the focal point of the Rams offense. And whether it's by design or circumstance his usage is way different this year than the last two...

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Well... Gurley is listed as "doubtful," so I guess we're going to see the "what if" scenario play out this weekend.

I'll say this... if Henderson has a big game (or even a couple of really big plays), I know what the main topic of discussion will be on Rams forums throughout the net next week.

Stay tuned...

by /zn/
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:If TG didn’t have the knee arthritis, this contusion would be looked at in isolation - as it should be now. They aren’t related. He took some shots to his thighs in the last game. He takes them fairly often as he is a tall RB. .

Yeah I agree that whatever the thing with the knee is, a thigh bruise is just another and separate thing.

• 3 / 3
28 posts Apr 17 2024