3 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

through week 5 the niners lead the league in takeaways per game, almost 3 per, and they parlayed 2 of their takeaways into pick 6's.

conversely, through week 5 the rams are second only to the abysmal dolphins in most giveaways per game, over 2 per, which is uncharacteristic given the rams rank 11th in fewest giveaways per game for the 2017-2018 stretch, not 31st.

the good news is the niners have coughed the ball up too, they rank 6th in turnovers per game, while rams defense ranks 13th in takeaways.

by BobCarl
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:Gotta pressure Jimmy G

@AaronDonald

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I'd argue that turnovers and, in all likelihood, the outcome, will turn largely on how each team performs on first down.

If we can find the mojo from last year's playoff games against Dallas and New Orleans and neutralize the 49ers' running game on first down, I think we'll be able to get to Garoppolo, and I think he's prone to turn the ball over.

On the other side of the ball, first down success will allow McVay to open up the playbook and keep the 49ers' DL on their heels, rather than in Goff's face.

• 1 / 1
3 posts Apr 19 2024