13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

or a better question might be: which defense can we expect to show up most often in 2019, the defense from the first 3 games or the defense from the last 2 games?

in games 1-3 the rams defense completely shut down the bad guys' passing game, and other than letting mcaffrey gallop for almost 7 yards per carry and 2 tds, which led to 27 offensive points, the defense was pretty stout - hell, they allowed an average of just 16.3 offensive points per game through the first 3, that's damn good... add to this, on the year the defense currently ranks 9th in fewest yards allowed per carry, a far cry from their dead last ranking in 2018.

but the last two games? good fuckin' grief, coverage was a clown show... but if there was a positive to take away, the d kept two quality run games in check, holding the bucs to 2.9 yards per carry and the seahawks to 3.9.

02.png

by R4L
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Not sure. Guys like Talib and Brockers look done. Peters is a joke imo. The Rams have a lot of decisions to made after this year. But how about Troy Reeder huh? 13 tackles

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Does not get better.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I'm more concerned with the Tampa game than the Seattle game.

Wilson is an HOF QB. He got away and made plays.. once in a while, that's gonna happen to you. I mean.. gimme a fucking break, what kind of coverage stops the TD to Lockett?

I think that they got a lot more right last night than they're being given credit for.

sure, wilson's a stud, however every team he's faced this year has held him and the seahawks to less points than he hung on the rams... just because a defense faces a great qb doesn't mean they should get a pass for coughing up 30 offensive points, or coughing up a 5-point 4th quarter lead with 9 minutes remaining.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I still think they just looked past Tampa and got caught with their pants down. They weren’t great against Seattle by any stretch but at least better. I think they’ll take whatever positives they can out of it and take it out on Sa Fran

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The way things change from week to week in the NFL, I have no idea if the defense will do better or not. They could come out and totally shut the 49er offense down. Or they can get torched again. Or somewhere in between. The way they got torched so many times last year, I have a feeling we will need our offense to be very good.

by 69RamFan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

R4L wrote:But how about Troy Reeder huh? 13 tackles

I like to give Reeder some props.....

But there were a couple of plays that I can remember, on passing downs,
He was playing the Mike,,,, and was in the wrong position as the plays were developing,,,, one play ran towards the inside of the left tackle spot... while Reeder was on the other side... and he had time to slide to cover that opening,,, so Wilson got some big yards...

I can't remember the other play,,, but I know he was out of position again... and it seemed to be on passing plays...

by R4L
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:I like to give Reeder some props.....

But there were a couple of plays that I can remember, on passing downs,
He was playing the Mike,,,, and was in the wrong position as the plays were developing,,,, one play ran towards the inside of the left tackle spot... while Reeder was on the other side... and he had time to slide to cover that opening,,, so Wilson got some big yards...

I can't remember the other play,,, but I know he was out of position again... and it seemed to be on passing plays...

Thanks. He's an undrafted free agent making his first start in his rookie year. So he's going to make mistakes. Kid looks like he has a future imo.

• 1 / 2
13 posts Apr 24 2024