25 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Again.. the flipside is that they've shown over the last two years that they can.
You wanna go all negative? That's yours.
Me? I remember what a shitty team looked like, and this ain't it.
I made my comparison and that is of the 2000 Rams. This team will be able to score some points but the defense is shit. It is going to continue to cost the team wins unless something miraculous happens.

I don't see what that might be. They aren't going to fire or demote Phillips and Phillips isn't going to change his system. The players have been pretty healthy for the most part so I don't see that being a possible improvement.

This is a 9-7 type of team that isn't getting the breaks going their way. Call that "all negative" if you must but I think it's a pretty realistic prognostication.

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Rams D had really bad stretches last year.
Wilson made some escapes tonight..
But the offense is about a TD less productive so the defense struggling is going to be magnified. And the defense isn't playing even to where it was last year, don't you think? Not that they were particularly good against Wilson last year either but 4 TD's and a perfect passer rating is even worse than what they gave him a year ago.

It would be great if it was just coaching and discipline and could be corrected. That is pretty glaring IMO but I don't know if guys freelancing is a correctable thing or not. If they aren't "doing their job" at this stage, I don't know if a tongue lashing will get them back in line.

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Wilson played a perfect game ratings wise. They should rename the franchise the Seattle Wilsons. The guy is frustratingly good.

W/O him, they're seagulls aka flying rats.

Rams played good.

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Wilson played a perfect game ratings wise. They should rename the franchise the Seattle Wilsons. The guy is frustratingly good.

W/O him, they're seagulls aka flying rats.

Rams played good.
Wilson is definitely an elite QB.

And while he made some special plays, the Rams contributed more to his success than the other way around IMO. The early 3 and out's, settling for FG's. Alllllll the missed tackles. The poor pass defense. Gurley's fumble. Everett's volleyballing. Goff's wild passes. GZ's miss.

Rams fought hard but they were not good.

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:So.. they can't start scoring more?
Hey.. they couldn't bring Wilson down tonight.. that happens.

edit add..
They just put 29 on the board in Seattle. I think the O will be okay.
Well, I don't know. They were right at their average of 29 tonight so it wasn't an out of the ordinary night for them in that regard. But if they clean up their mistakes I suppose they'd start scoring more but is it realistic to expect them to do that? They have consistently and continually been making mistakes all year and turning it over more than they used to.

Is there a reason to think that will be fixed?

As far as not bringing Wilson down, I think that's an alarming problem with this defense. Before tonight, 3 of 4 games this year defenses have sacked Wilson 4 times each. Did the Rams get to him at all? Did they sack Winston at all? This seems like more of a Rams defense problem more than Wilson and Winston being untouchable.

• 3 / 3
25 posts Apr 20 2024