• 2 / 43
 by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

In defence of Jared Goff and in my best James Carville:

"IT'S LOS RAMOS OFFENSIVE LINE STUPID!!" :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Snead and Demoff agree to give guys like Higbee big bucks, on the back of paying nickels and dimes for Los Ramos OLine participants. This is Mike MaimedQBOffenceMeister Martz all over again!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Oh yeah......and it is time for Wade Oldman&TheDee Phillips to retire!!! :idea2:

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

36 first downs, 34 offensive points and 520 yards of offense, lose by double digits and Goff gets the most blame.
To quote Zac Stacy,
Yikes
Didn't see the whole game, only what Redzone showed, but my god the o-line is deplorable.
And I am soooo tired of this awful defense Wade rolls out there week after week. Season after season.

Here's my .02 arm chair QB assessment of Goff:
The headset/McVay calling plays line of criticism?
Was true and just
And I think privately, McVay has turned it over to Goff and he cant read the defenses
Is it a problem? Well, its not a benefit, that's for sure. But its a work in progress.

by /zn/
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6789  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:utter nonsense.

Sorry but...not.

One of the things I have regularly said in chats, going back at least a year and likely more, is "that's just one of Goff's wtf throws."

This goes way back. And I have regularly commented on it. Here's the most recent: To be fair, even in good games, Goff has a tendency now and then to throw a pass or 2 that just completely misses a wide open guy. It's his "wtf was that" pass. I know in one discussion last November (elsewhere) people were commenting on the fact that Aikman even pointed it out--now and then he just misses a wide wide open receiver.

There is just something about having a guy wide bloody open that can sometimes lead him to misfire for some reason.

by moklerman
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:36 first downs, 34 offensive points and 520 yards of offense, lose by double digits and Goff gets the most blame.
To quote Zac Stacy,
Yikes
Didn't see the whole game, only what Redzone showed, but my god the o-line is deplorable.
And I am soooo tired of this awful defense Wade rolls out there week after week. Season after season.

Was true and just
And I think privately, McVay has turned it over to Goff and he cant read the defenses
Is it a problem? Well, its not a benefit, that's for sure. But its a work in progress.
Goff wasn't all bad and it was looking like he might have an epic comeback. But, at the end of the day 4 turnovers and 3 missed wide open TD's earn him some criticism.

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Goff wasn't all bad and it was looking like he might have an epic comeback. But, at the end of the day 4 turnovers and 3 missed wide open TD's earn him some criticism.

Some? Ok.
But for a defense to give up 48 points to a team that was averaging 20.3 ppg? Disgraceful.

by SoCalRam78
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Goff isn’t a QB to overcome 3 TD deficits. Garbage defense. Terrible O line and 7/8 pass to run ratio. Maybe system QB or no. Just garbage.

by /zn/
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6789  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Giving Goff the greatest benefit of doubt... he was directly responsible for 14 Bucs points.
The 4th down disaster is in him and McVay. Goff needs to recognize a shitty hand and call the Time out there, even if McVay doesn’t.

Even if you directly put those entirely on Goff, the D still allowed 40 points.

So you have a struggling OL on a team down by multiple scores, Tampa knows they have to pass, and they have a top 10 pass rushing team with the league's leading pass rusher. Add all that up. And then add in the fact that the OL is struggling not just because of a young inexperienced interior, but because the 2 OTs are not having good years. (When was the last time Whitworth had 3 holding calls?)

How many qbs have ever looked consistently good under those kinds of circumstances? Behind, must pass, OL struggling in the first place even in good games, and playing against a top pass rushing D.

I have seen the Rams, when their pass rush was on against struggling OLs, cause guys like Brees and Wilson to play erratically.

I can think of only 2 active qbs who have regularly played well behind extensively injured and/or struggling OLs--Brady and Wilson. Usually, when a line goes down, the qb goes with it.

It's actually amazing they were even in it at some points today, and they were only in it (at the points when they were in it) because of the passing game.

by Hacksaw
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:36 first downs, 34 offensive points and 520 yards of offense, lose by double digits and Goff gets the most blame.
To quote Zac Stacy,
Yikes

Was true and just

Now that's an interesting take. he is still young and learning but the wins are important too.
The line is very leaky. He's going to get happy feet. He dies slide around in the pocket well and if he can step into his pass he's deadly.

Those 2 open floaters could have won it.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Turnovers kill. Period.

- since the 2000 season, teams are a combined 73-959-2 (.072) when they're -3 or worse in turnover margin.

- the gsot (1999-2001) rams were 1-6 (.143) when -3 or worse in turnover margin.

- mcvay's rams are 0-2 (.000) when -3 or worse in turnovers.

- today the rams were -3 in turnovers.

- of course when the bad guys start at their own 47 and 50 as the result of turnovers, as was the case on a couple of goff picks today, it shouldn't mean automatic tds. :shock2:

by Hacksaw
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:- since the 2000 season, teams are a combined 73-959-2 (.072) when they're -3 or worse in turnover margin.

- the gsot (1999-2001) rams were 1-6 (.143) when -3 or worse in turnover margin.

- mcvay's rams are 0-2 (.000) when -3 or worse in turnovers.

- today the rams were -3 in turnovers.

- of course when the bad guys start at their own 47 and 50 as the result of turnovers, as was the case on a couple of goff picks today, it shouldn't mean automatic tds. :shock2:

Good stuff there and yeah this really falls on the defense. 55 points is gonna be the big red arrow pointing at this squad. They were embarrassed tonight so I expect a much better performance Thursday night in Seattle.
Tough sledding ahead....

And it sucks the 9ers are the only unbeaten team in the NFCW. Bad optic. :?

• 2 / 43
428 posts May 20 2024