428 posts
  • 43 / 43
 by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Goff had the same record against the Seahawks that Jimmy G did. With better numbers.

And he put up more points last week against the same defense Wilson faced tonight.
So, what's your point? Why are you bringing those things up?

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:That Goff's had good numbers against good teams.

That good QBs don't always have great games against good teams.
Has anyone said otherwise?

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Oh, boy.

Done.
Well, I never argued either of those things. I never said Goff never plays well against good teams. I didn't even say he had a bad game last week, but the pick-6 wasn't a good thing.

You're arguing with me about something but bringing up points that are non-sequiturs.

by dieterbrock
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well, Goff finished the season on a high note, his last 5 games were much more of what we expect.
328 ypg, 99.4 rating 11-4 TD/INT ratio
Quite a change from his No-Score November which had him inexplicably throw up a 3 game stink fest that included 9 ppg, a 58.9 passer rating, only 209 ypg and an atrocious 0-5 TD/INT ratio

by aeneas1
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Seriously, are you even a Rams fan anymore? I'm not sure you are...

of course he's not, he's had a woodie for the rams and their successful qb ever since his man-crush got kicked to the curb by the horns five years ago, you know, the stiff who got benched for all-world rosen, the stiff who didn't get any phone calls for the 2019 season and is now out of football... honestly, not sure who has been carrying the all things meaningless to rams fans torch longer, mokler or st. loser. :roll2:

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:of course he's not, he's had a woodie for the rams and their successful qb ever since his man-crush got kicked to the curb by the horns five years ago, you know, the stiff who got benched for all-world rosen, the stiff who didn't get any phone calls for the 2019 season and is now out of football... honestly, not sure who has been carrying the all things meaningless to rams fans torch longer, mokler or st. loser. :roll2:
Same old shit. I've been a fan for 40 years so you guys can stroke each other all you want and pat yourselves on the back about how much better of fans you think you are, but you're either ignorant or downright malicious. Sadly, I'm confident it's the latter. Very petty.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

We all know Goff had a down year. But like Dieter's perspective thread, his down year is better than anyone they've had the past decade plus. 400 points. 4600 yards. A winning season. And that is after a two year stretch where he won 24 games along with 2 playoff wins and a Superbowl appearance.

Did Goff turn it over too much? Yes he did. Can he correct that? Yes he can. I remember a certain first ballot Hall of Famer throwing 100 INT's his first 5 seasons. The next 5 he pretty much cut that in half.

Goff has already shown he can limit the turnovers while moving the offense and scoring points. He did it two years in a row. His offense put up 1000 points in two seasons. He can certainly do it again.

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:We all know Goff had a down year. But like Dieter's perspective thread, his down year is better than anyone they've had the past decade plus. 400 points. 4600 yards. A winning season. And that is after a two year stretch where he won 24 games along with 2 playoff wins and a Superbowl appearance.

Did Goff turn it over too much? Yes he did. Can he correct that? Yes he can. I remember a certain first ballot Hall of Famer throwing 100 INT's his first 5 seasons. The next 5 he pretty much cut that in half.

Goff has already shown he can limit the turnovers while moving the offense and scoring points. He did it two years in a row. His offense put up 1000 points in two seasons. He can certainly do it again.

Here are the number for his three years with McVay (not counting game 16 of 2017 when he sat)

388.7 yds/G
27.1 PPG (59 TDs; 96 FG)
42.1% 3rd Dn%
33 wins/14 losses

I think we ought to keep him.

• 43 / 43
428 posts Apr 19 2024