RAMS FANS UNITED - NEWS FLASH
GET YOUR PIKCS IN:

RFU Suicide Game

RFU Pick 5

RFU Fantasy Football (Set Your Lineup)
CLOSE
304 posts
  • 27 / 31
  • 1
  • 27
  • 31
 by dieterbrock
1 week ago
 Total posts:   10973  
 Joined:  Mar 31 2015
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I dont ever recall a player who got his big payday then suddenly improved. I have seen a few regress, press, overcompensate or generally relax afterwards though.

Aaron Donald?

 by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   15926  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

dieterbrock wrote:Aaron Donald?

Can't argue when it comes to AD. He's IS a great example that regression isn't the only result of getting a big payday.
There are probably others out there too, , , I just can't think of many / any... 8-)

1.JPG

 by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   4669  
 Joined:  Oct 29 2015
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:Aaron Donald?


Everson Griffen

 by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   15926  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

Who?

 by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   4669  
 Joined:  Oct 29 2015
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Who?


I'm just answering a question with an answer I know off the top of my head. Was paid on potential and good play, but blew up after getting paid.

 by sloramfan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1197  
 Joined:  Jun 09 2015
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

goff is not the problem... period...

he's the solution...

and for those of you that don't get it ...stay tuned..

thank God.. goff's a ram...

let's get ready, cuz here come the playoffs...

and goff will lead us there...

fuck you doubters, i'm tired of your BS takes based on single game stats...

goffs not the problem...

go rams

slo

 by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   15926  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

Dick84 wrote:I'm just answering a question with an answer I know off the top of my head. Was paid on potential and good play, but blew up after getting paid.

Must be a D-ine thing. 😉

 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5424  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:goff is not the problem... period...

he's the solution...

and for those of you that don't get it ...stay tuned..

thank God.. goff's a ram...

let's get ready, cuz here come the playoffs...

and goff will lead us there...

fuck you doubters, i'm tired of your BS takes based on single game stats...

goffs not the problem...

go rams

slo
The doubters have had over a year of tuning in and waiting. Goff is the one continuing to give doubters reason to doubt.

 by dieterbrock
1 week ago
 Total posts:   10973  
 Joined:  Mar 31 2015
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:The doubters have had over a year of tuning in and waiting. Goff is the one continuing to give doubters reason to doubt.

Goff led the team to the Superbowl last year.
The "doubters" have some pretty unrealistic expectations if that doesn't mean anything

 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5424  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Goff led the team to the Superbowl last year.
The "doubters" have some pretty unrealistic expectations if that doesn't mean anything
I don't know that that is an accurate way to describe how everyone feels. Goff was certainly the QB on a SB team but that doesn't give him a free pass regarding his personal performance in perpetuity.

For over a year's worth of games now, Goff's production hasn't been particularly efficient or productive. He has gone a long while without snapping out of his funk and regaining his previous form and provided reasonable cause for skepticism/doubt.

And it's fine if someone wants to believe without reservation that he will regain what he had but it isn't a given in any way or cause to chastise those who don't share the same faith.

  • 27 / 31
  • 1
  • 27
  • 31
304 posts Dec 15 2019