428 posts
  • 14 / 43
 by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:But it's also fair to point out 6 points on the first two possessions ain't enough...

so you're saying that the offense should have put up 14 on those two possessions instead of 6 so that they would have ended up scoring 37 and won the game? the offense put 30 (well 29 because the sieve of a defense forced them to go for 2), but that's not good enough, because they left another 8 on the table? wow, tough crowd.

Dick84 wrote:...and that they put the ball in the offense's hand with a chance to win the game.

yeah, i'll never be able to wrap my head around this way of thinking, imo it's like saying that in a game where a team led 6-0 in the 4th, the defense ended up blowing it because it gave up a td and the team lost 6-7.

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I think tonight's the wrong night to hit those numbers.
The Int was not on him.
He was a challenge and a better play away from it being a 3 TD, no int night
It all balances out IMO. Goff's INT wasn't on him but there were a couple that could have easily been picked that weren't too.

And, those are season numbers, not tonight numbers.

That's, to me, what is so maddening about Goff. The inconsistency. From penthouse to outhouse and back again all the time. He makes some incredible throws and then follows them up with some scuds.

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams CB's stunk up the joint.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I think tonight's the wrong night to hit those numbers.
The Int was not on him.
He was a challenge and a better play away from it being a 3 TD, no int night

So true.
Everett should have been credited with a TD. And he caused that fluke int.
Flip those 2 plays and his night looks quite a bit different.

by bremillard
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I'm a realist. My dark colors are a reflection of what happens in the Coliseum with both the Rams and the Trojans. When wins come I won't scrutinize bad play but will praise what they did to get the W. Now last night's game was a much better example of how I want to see the extremely talented Rams play. Goff was great in the second half and the offense looked unstoppable. If he/they play like that the rest of the season they will win 11 or 12 games. Still choking on the missed FG. Greg is usually MONEY...especially from inside of 50.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

What was surprising is that when Greg is on the right hashmark his kicks usually start wide right and tail back in. This think never hooked back. If they kicked after the Everett completion to the 30 , yes it would have been 47 yards out but the ball was dead center on the field.

by bremillard
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Good point and I agree completely. Wow...still hurting over that miss. An absolute heart breaker. We had them and let it go. Goff did all of the right things that great QB's do and the defense made THE STOP. Still came up short. Almost like a nightmare. Can't imagine what Zuerlein is feeling today.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

bremillard wrote:Good point and I agree completely. Wow...still hurting over that miss. An absolute heart breaker. We had them and let it go. Goff did all of the right things that great QB's do and the defense made THE STOP. Still came up short. Almost like a nightmare. Can't imagine what Zuerlein is feeling today.

Greg knows he has some credit built up with us after the NFC Championship. But he cashed his one token in. No more misses end of games. LOL

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Should be clear now after 6 games that Goff's poor numbers are merely THE SYMPTON OF THE REAL PROBLEM.....WHICH IS THAT POOR OLINE THAT KROMER SOLD McSNEAD ON FOR THE 2019 SEASON! :x :arrow2: :twisted2:

We're lucky that Goff drank his milk as a kid.....NFL QBs with less calcium on their bones would be IR'd by now with this Kromer Clown Car of an OLine providing protection!!! :x :arrow2: :evil2:

Going forward this season, it appears that opposing teams with strong Front Sevens will dominate us. Teams like Atlanta with poor D Fronts shud fall to us, but the RAM 2019 OLINE PROBLEM will not be solved till we trade for better beef than Demby and Allen.

As always, JMO.

• 14 / 43
428 posts Apr 18 2024