80 posts
  • 5 / 8
 by max
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:do you have a little mouse in your pocket that's making excuses for goff on that play? don't see anyone in this thread making excuses, personally i thought he threw a bad ball on a play that was there.

Glad to see you finally take your head out of your ass for a change.

You can pop it back in now and return to your normal takes.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Glad to see you finally take your head out of your ass for a change.

You can pop it back in now and return to your normal takes.

still waiting on those links hon...

btw, you didn't answer my question, who in this thread is making excuses for goff on that play? i'll wait. again.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Its easy to look at that Titans game and ask why we couldn't do that. We're a much better offense. But things change week to week. Teams get better. Maybe different matchups create different outcomes.

absolutely, we can play the"x team beat x team by x so they should..." all day, but in the end every sunday is it's own world... that said, it would be nice to believe that the rams were capable of making much shorter work of the overrated browns as opposed to hanging on to squeak out a win.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8521  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

max wrote:Now, in defense of Goff...

Someone mentioned on another board that Goff is wired not to take the short stuff. And I have no problem with that. But that means he is not wired to get rid of the ball quickly like Brady and take dump offs that defenses give him. Its not in Goffs DNA.

The problem with that is you cant be building an OL like the Pats do. You should be building an OL like the Cowboys do, so Goff has more than 2 seconds to do what he is wired to do.

I actually said that on this board, in a few threads. And I agree. But, Goff has to learn to get to those check down reads more quickly or he is gonna throw more pics and at critical times.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Yeah that’s what I saw, Goff just didn’t get it over the LB like he usually does. Also it’s hard to say Gurley was open when you see where he is with Goff already in his throwing motion...

game of inches isn't it?

here's a look at a the rams td drive that started at the end of the 3rd quarter, with the rams trailing 10-13 - they're facing 3rd and 2 from the browns 41... another deep crossing route, this time to kupps, goff gets the ball over the lb for a big gain that kept the drive alive, if the lb gets his fingertips on the ball like the pick, it could have easily resulted in a pick as well.

interestingly the rams threw this type of deep right to left crossing route no less than 6 times during the game, a route that placed the wr behind the lbs and in front of the dbs, at least 4 were close to picks - it was almost as if mcvay insisted that the rams get it right, make it work, as opposed to abandoning it:

by max
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:still waiting on those links hon...

btw, you didn't answer my question, who in this thread is making excuses for goff on that play? i'll wait.

links to what? refresh my memory.

You did the best you could by saying Goff couldn't run or dump off to Gurley. Yet never said it was a bad decision. Instead you push the narrative of McVay forcing Goff to make those throws. You're like Flip Wilson. "The Devil made me buy that dress"

I'm still waiting for one of your dopey tables that shows Goff at the top of the ratings when you take out all his bad games on the road in cities that being with C.

by max
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Nice pass protection on that one.

Actually, it looks like it would have been a great time to run the ball with Gurley on 3rd and 3. The Browns were selling out for the pass.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:links to what? refresh my memory.

You did the best you could by saying Goff couldn't run or dump off to Gurley. Yet never said it was a bad decision. Instead you push the narrative of McVay forcing Goff to make those throws. You're like Flip Wilson. "The Devil made me buy that dress"

I'm still waiting for one of your dopey tables that shows Goff at the top of the ratings when you take out all his bad games on the road in cities that being with C.

it's funny, i used to think you just didn't really understand football, but it's become perfectly clear to me that you're just stupid, as in dumb as a rock stupid.

so, again, point me to those posts making excuses for goff on that play.

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Actually, it looks like it would have been a great time to run the ball with Gurley on 3rd and 3. The Browns were selling out for the pass.

I said "nice pass protection." Not sure why that would elicit a criticism of the play call.

Guess that, no matter how much I try to get the topic back to the original subject (the OL) this thread is like a river that don't know where its flowing... it took a wrong turn and it just kept going.

• 5 / 8
80 posts Apr 17 2024