124 posts
  • 1 / 13
 by RedAlice
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Week 2 Game Thread: Aints @Rams

Sunday, September 15th at 1:25pm on Fox.

Rams are 1-0 after a 10am road game on the East coast against a good team. These are the games good teams win, even if it's not pretty. (so member when we never did).

Now: Onto the Saints and what is sure to be a media circus all week. Everyone will have an opinion. Mine is Fuck the Saints.

But as to the actual game, it's Payton's first chance back up against McVay. He was mic'd up for last night's game and his final instructions during that last time out were - NO PENALTIES. I doubt he's that calm on Sunday. But penalties and refs will certainly be the third team this game.

Not to sound like a fangirl, but I think this is what McVay considers his first game and last week was pre-season. Go Rams!

Rams: 1-0
Saints: 1-0

Betting line: Rams 3 point favorites for now.

Injury Report: Updated in thread.

TV Map: updated on Wednesday and the map will always be in post 2

Opposing Team Fan Forums: they all banned me after the NFCC game so I'm not finding them.

Go Rams!

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:TV Map.

We’ll get them tomorrow. But doesn’t a 4:25pm Eastern start mean it’s pretty much a national game?

by Hacksaw
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:We’ll get them tomorrow. But doesn’t a 4:25pm Eastern start mean it’s pretty much a national game?

No. It will be the #1 afternoon contest though.

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Do they flex this early in the season?

It's insane to me that this isn't a prime time game.

by Hacksaw
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS, Aint's Pre Game Edition:

Not much talk about football or the Rams on any of their main sites yet.
However the ref thing is alive and well. Dem dat's can't let it go.

We beat the Texans... and the Refs again.

I know its beating a dead horse but there has to be a line when logic tells you that something isnt right. Can you remember the last time the refs screwed something up to our advantage?

You don't look for one-offs, you look for a pattern of behavior over time.
What we have here is a pattern of behavior over time.
I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin'....

It sounds like you're on board....now we just have to prove it somehow. We are on to Roger Godhell's tactics.

This guy (or gal) gets it.
Last year vs Pittsburgh. 2 tick-tacky pass interference calls on Joe Haden that went our way resulting in 14 points.

The first one happened in the first quarter and resulted in a touchdown. It was the long pass to Kamara which put us first and goal. Kamara was barely touched and the PI was questionable.

The second one and the more serious one, happened on the game winning drive. And we desperately needed that call to go our way to just barely squeak that game out. It didn't look like PI to me, or many other people that pointed it out.

Steelers fans were angry as hell over the second one and I am also 99.9% that had it been us receiving those PI calls, the majority of our fan base would be screaming their heads off that it was rigged and coming up with Alex Jones level conspiracy nonsense to pretend Roger Goodell could actually pull off something so precise and calculated to screw us.

We've had stuff go our way, we just choose to overlook it while exhausting our sympathies with victimhood. Seriously... ask yourself if Roger Goodell is truly competent enough to pull of some elaborate conspiracy to screw us. The guy can't go a month without some controversy in his league.

Somebody should be fired for that clock screw up. It's like nobody's ever held accountable for how lousy the refs are.

Yawn... :roll2:

TO BE CONTINUED.............

by RedAlice
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Thank you Hacksaw.

I would like to point out I was banned for threatening to punch a Rams fan who was sucking up to the Saints fans to promote his podcast.

My banned reason: threatening bodily harm

As if little me could hurt that asshole.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:Do they flex this early in the season?

It's insane to me that this isn't a prime time game.

No. As I understand it flexing doesn’t start until a certain week (week 10 I think?) because it’s negotiated in the contract between the players and the owners. Plus if I was CBS or Fox I’d be miffed if every premiere matchup got flexed to prime time.

• 1 / 13
124 posts Apr 16 2024