50 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by ramsman34
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Pressure Brees, bracket Thomas (hello Mr. Weddle), and play sound against that run game. Sounds simple enough.

Protect Goff and use the same RB approach with a few more touches for Gurley and Henderson. Get the TE's in mismatch situations - and throw to them.
Very doable.

ST's - just fix that shit.
DONE, we won't see a turd performance like that from them again the rest of the season.

The most simplistic keys to victory ever, lol.

I think the Rams will be very confident and relaxed while the Saints will be so over amped on "payback" that they press just a bit too much. the crowd is going to be insanely electric - while not as loud as in the dome, I see a real turn-of-the-tables advantage here. I predict the Rams beating them almost easily. 37-30.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The butthurt runs deep.
https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/arti ... 072a6.html

Did Saints fall victim to another bout of referee mistakes in Texans opener?

After Saints penalties plagued New Orleans and helped extend a Texans touchdown drive, the home squad took over with just under two minutes to play in the first half and a single timeout.

But the Saints' effort to get points on the board before the half was marred by what appeared to be an incorrect ruling from the game officials, according to former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira, the Saints got neither.

After a blown screen play on 2nd-and-10 that lost seven yards, Drew Brees and the New Orleans offense faced 3rd-and-17 from their own 30-yard-line with 48 seconds left in the half. The Saints quarterback found Mike Thomas near the sticks with Texans corner Bradley Roby on him tight, and the fourth-year receiver fell to the ground and extended the ball near the first-down marker with 42 seconds left in the half.

Initially ruled short of the first-down marker, Brees ran up to the line and snapped the ball with 28 seconds left to attempt a sneak for the final inches, but refs blew the whistle to stop play for a review of whether it was a completed catch. After a couple minutes, the call was upheld and the Saints were given a first down, but lead referee John Hussey announced that the Saints would be forced to run off an additional 10 seconds after play was stopped right as Brees attempted the sneak, rather than 10 seconds after Thomas’ completed catch, because the clock had currently been running when play was stopped.

Payton elected for the runoff, rather than burning the team’s final timeout, sending the game clock down to 16 seconds. After an incompletion to Thomas, the two connected again for 15 yards over the middle to Houston’s 38-yard-line, where the Saints called timeout with four seconds left in the half, but Wil Lutz missed a 56-yard field goal wide left.

At halftime, Periera tweeted, to his understanding, that the officials misused the runoff rule: “Unless I am crazy, they really mishandled the replay,” he wrote. “They should have reset the clock to 41 seconds and then run 10 seconds down to 31. That took 15 seconds away from the Saints.”

Fans in the stadium gave out one of the loudest roars of the game in response to the referee decision. The crowd was made up of many referee style shirts, worn as a passive protest of a no-call that marred the NFC Championship loss to the Los Angeles Rams in January.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

I don't think Weddle will be playing (unless I missed something) but, I'm cautiously optimistic about Sunday. I even decided to pick up a ticket so that an Ain'ts fan didn't, despite preferring to sit at home and watch it on TV so that I got the good replays and commentary. Here's to hoping that rust is shaken off!

by BobCarl
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Here's to hoping that rust is shaken off!
Gonna be playoff atmosphere in LA

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

BobCarl wrote:Gonna be playoff atmosphere in LA

Gonna be a LOT of Saints fans too. I didn't really have the money to spend on this ticket (it's a good seat) since I'm picking up a new surfboard this weekend but, I don't want some chump in a black/white or referee jersey messing with my homies. :evil2:

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Gonna be a LOT of Saints fans too. I didn't really have the money to spend on this ticket (it's a good seat) since I'm picking up a new surfboard this weekend but, I don't want some chump in a black/white or referee jersey messing with my homies. :evil2:

You think? New Orleans isn’t that big of a city and a long way from LA. They never made that much of a mark in St. Louis and it’s only a 11 hour drive.

by BobCarl
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

DirtyFacedKid wrote:I don't want some chump in a black/white or referee jersey messing with my homies. :evil2:

you're a true fan ... taking one for the team!

Cheers!

by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

There were a lot of Saints fans at the Coliseum two years ago and we always get our share of visiting fans but i'm curious to see if that's gonna be different this year.

We'll see starting on Sunday...

by snackdaddy
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I know the fans and media are going to make a big deal about the NFCCG and no call. But I'll bet the Saints players and coaches will try to downplay it. The Rams feel they deserved to win the game. Saying otherwise is bulletin board material for McVay. Although he doesn't strike me as a bulletin board material kind of guy. But the players will know what the other side is saying.

by buffed
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3  
Undrafted Free Agent

Eric Weddle in concussion protocol but says he's 'good as gold'

• 1 / 5
50 posts Apr 18 2024