91 posts
  • 9 / 10
 by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Vinny predicted 9-12 touches per game and he’s gotten 2 total.
That tells you all you need to know about how in touch Vinny is with the Rams.
And tells you nothing about how the Rams feel about GH

by max
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Vinny predicted 9-12 touches per game and he’s gotten 2 total.
That tells you all you need to know about how in touch Vinny is with the Rams.
And tells you nothing about how the Rams feel about GH

Yeah, VinnyB is totally out of touch with Rams. :shock2:

Demoff just spent almost an hour with VinnyB on his podcast. But VinnyB doesn’t know anyone on the Rams.

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

max wrote:Yeah, VinnyB is totally out of touch with Rams. :shock2:

Demoff just spent almost an hour with VinnyB on his podcast. But VinnyB doesn’t know anyone on the Rams.

He's a reporter that gets to ask questions when allowed. Not some insider with top secret information.

He's quoted as saying "my sense " and "nobody has said this " yet some want to take his words as gospel.

Its clearly his opinion and he's been wrong with his opinion more times than not.

Don't make me pull up the offseason Gurley speculation by Vinny that got way over valued by the same few still feeding off him as some kind of insider trading expert.

Maybe we should just pump the brakes and wait for the kid to actually play a game.

This is a perfect example of the way too early evaluation of a draft pick.

*shakes head* :roll2:

by /zn/
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:Maybe we should just pump the brakes and wait for the kid to actually play a game.

That's not the issue. He will play. No one has said otherwise. He's a good pick. The only thing being said right now is that he's slow to adapt to the pros. That's not such a weird thing to say about a rookie.

There's far more defensiveness in the air than there are actual attacks on Henderson that require him to be defended.

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:He's a good pick. The only thing being said right now is that he's slow to adapt to the pros.

That’s not the only thing that has been said, and it’s certainly not the only thing that has been implied. The level of expression of concern is disproportionate given that the guy is two games into his career.

max has acknowledged he may be jumping the gun here. Why can’t you?

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Yeah, VinnyB is totally out of touch with Rams. :shock2:

And they were spending time discussing inside information? Inner workings of the offense? I think not.
Surely you know how this works. Demoff, the Rams, whoever, will give shills like Vinny whatever information they want out in public.

by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's not all one or the other.

I like Vinny. I think he's competent, well meaning, honest and connected to the Rams in ways that we as fans are not.

But his information can be wrong, it can change or he can interpret it wrong.

It's not a perfect system. It's never gonna be. But that doesn't mean, to me, that reporters in general or Vinny in particular aren't useful and a worthwhile asset for us fans to have.

What i think i silly is trying to put more credibility in one of his takes/reports than another because it happens to suit your own bias or an argument you're trying to make...

by /zn/
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:What i think i silly is trying to put more credibility in one of his takes/reports than another because it happens to suit your own bias or an argument you're trying to make...

Which is it though?

Like all reporters he can be wrong sometimes. V. agreeing or disagreeing with a reporter is really fitting what is said to a bias?

In the end in the absence of any certain verification, it gets down to different people just judging some things differently.

If it's REALLY that (and that pretty much covers it) then what we actually have is an informal poll of different perceptions.

Which makes fighting about "who's right" or "setting the heretics straight" all seem kind of silly. People just have different takes sometimes on things like this.

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:People just have different takes sometimes on things like this.

So if you understand that we’re talking about opinions, perhaps you should stop claiming to have “information” (facts) because you read a comment from VB.

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Which is it though?

Like all reporters he can be wrong sometimes. V. agreeing or disagreeing with a reporter is really fitting what is said to a bias?

In the end in the absence of any certain verification, it gets down to different people just judging some things differently.

If it's REALLY that (and that pretty much covers it) then what we actually have is an informal poll of different perceptions.

Which makes fighting about "who's right" or "setting the heretics straight" all seem kind of silly. People just have different takes sometimes on things like this.

Wow. This post right here defines cluelessness.
Opinions are what boards like this are all about. Having one and defending it is great.
However when appealing to a higher authority, (which is typically a weak move any way)stating a “perception” of an opinion of a beat writer, and insinuating it is factual is about as ignorant as it gets.
Have your own opinion for gods sake

• 9 / 10
91 posts Apr 25 2024