17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by snackdaddy
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Good Stuff Canuck. I haven't had the pleasure of running into former Rams players like you have. I'm not much of a traveler. I hate big cities with traffic jams. I complain when I have to slow down to 60 on the freeway here. You watched that game where Guillory blocked the punt on an old black and white? So did I. Color was available but my dad always said it was bad for your eyes. In reality he was too cheap to buy one. :lol2:

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:My daughters just nodded and laughed and said to Ron Jaworski, "Yeah, he's pretty amazing, our dad."

Awesome stuff my friend. Glad I had time to sit back and read.
That line got me, having 2 daughters as well I hope I do as good a job as you clearly have.
Cheers

by safer
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Fun stuff Canuck!
To add to this, my college teammate, a guy named Wayne Estabrook (QB) was drafted by the Bengals, and had made it through camp onto their roster. But then a QB named Greg Cook who had been their AFC rookie of the year a couple of years before (and then got severely injured) decided he wanted to try it again, and they cut my friend.
Weeks later, the Los Angeles Ramos signed him for their taxi squad, after your European amigo slammed a taxi door on his fingers and couldn't play that year. So, Wayne got $800 a week to scrimmage against the likes of Merlin Olsen, and Deacon Jones. Uhhh, welcome to the NFL, rookie. The next year, our Rams invited Wayne back to compete vs. Ron for the back-up spot, but Wayne opted for the WFL-----and it folded shortly thereafter. Baaaad idea. And there you have it , sports fans!!

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

what a fun read, thanks for sharing! hell, you guys look like brothers in that photo, of course you being the better looking one!

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Thanks aeneas1 for the sentiment, but if the late great Rodney Dangerfield was still around, he's look at that photo from Oscar's and say:

Hey, the guy with the glasses on the left looks okay.....
but ooow, the guy on the right!!! Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!!! :shock2: :arrow2: :lol2:

by Will0120
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Hiya @CanuckRightWinger, my coworker mentioned that he ran into the other day and you said hi.

HI! 8-) :D

by Neil039
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

The opportunity to share a passion with your family is awesome. Plus, all of us are benefiting from your love of the game and Los Rammies!

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 16 2024