29 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

so strange to see a locked thread at rfu, in fact the rarity of seeing the little red padlock strikes me as a testament to the awesomeness of rams fans united - sure, we butt heads from time to time, even get personal on occasion, but isn't that the definition of fanatic (noun 1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal), doesn't that come with fanatic territory? anyhoo, rfu isn't your gammy's tearoom, but it is an awesome place to speak your mind regarding all things los angeles rams, and thank goodness those who oversee rfu get this!

by max
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:so strange to see a locked thread at rfu, in fact the rarity of seeing the little red padlock strikes me as a testament to the awesomeness of rams fans united - sure, we butt heads from time to time, even get personal on occasion, but isn't that the definition of fanatic (noun 1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal), doesn't that come with fanatic territory? anyhoo, rfu isn't your gammy's tearoom, but it is an awesome place to speak your mind regarding all thing los angeles rams, and thank goodness those who oversee rfu get this!

I took it as a warning to stop taking shots at each other, which I intend to heed and expect others to do in kind.

by Flash
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

Thanks Elvis for putting a stop to that discourse.

Yes we are fans and can get fanatical but when it gets personal and 3 or 4 attack one that's just no fun. I see that on other sites and for that reason I don't contribute.

I really enjoy this site and don't want to leave.

by snackdaddy
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I used to tell people at work I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong. 8-)

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think it comes down to getting to a point in your life where you recognize that not everything needs to be a competition.

I'm proud to say that nobody is better than me when it comes to not making everything a competition. 8-)

by rather
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Makes me long for stltoday.com/ramstalk

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Makes me long for stltoday.com/ramstalk

was that place something else or what???? :D

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:was that place something else or what???? :D

Ah... the good old days... when men were men, trolls were trolls, smack talk ruled the day, and Bernie Miklasz banned anyone who challenged him... :roll2:

by rams74
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Ah... the good old days... when men were men, trolls were trolls, smack talk ruled the day, and Bernie Miklasz banned anyone who challenged him... :roll2:

I used to love Ram Stalk. Oh, there were plenty of wars, but there was also a lot of good interaction with a diverse Rams fan base (though you did have to come with a thick skin). And it was also a great common area for the collection of news items.

Then, of course, relocation polarized the place to the uttermost extremes, and it descended into madness.

by BobCarl
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

rams74 wrote:relocation polarized the place to the ...

Everybody was civil when Marc Bulger started in Warner's place ... It turned out that an employee of the stl today was sending letters to the employers of people who were posting from work ... He even used the Rams workout facility as his return address.

• 1 / 3
29 posts Apr 15 2024