19 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Rams43
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   64  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Think about it. Rams apparently could use some help for OL depth beyond Edwards. Someone that has a little experience and could step in immediately in the event of injury to a starter. Or maybe just a developmental player that Kromer likes. Almost makes too much sense, huh?

Evans and Demby May have an NFL future, but the future could be as early as September if an injury should occur. Just when the Rams are trying to build a lead in a race to another SB.

So, the need seems to be there for right now.

The good news is that Snead seems to have the quality assets for trade bait at multiple positions at this point and the Rams are certainly showcasing many players that might help another team that is thin at these positions:

WR
OLB
ILB
CB
S

A trade for future picks would be nice and certainly better than just cutting a promising player at a loaded position for the Rams. But a player-for-player swap would be twice as nice for this ‘19 SB hopeful team.

I’m sure that Snead is miles ahead of me on this and if it can be done then he will do it. Would truly seem to be a win-win-win for all parties.

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

So last year IIRC was the first year of the "no prelim cut down", and there were 19 trades made from August 1 thru the final cut down (Sept 1), 3 of which were actually player for player
And interestingly enough one was a CB for an o-lineman, Dallas traded CB Chavarious Ward to KC for O-lineman Parker Ehinger.

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I'll hope the Rams can get better than Ehinger for Williams or Peterson.

Lol, of course! I just found it interesting that there were actual player for player trades, and one including a CB/OL
Not sure teams are lining up to trade a quality OL but Williams and Peterson are better commodity than Chavarious Ward last year as well

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I don't suspect that the Rams are looking too hard for OL depth. I think they believe in their system and its ability to integrate new parts if necessary.

by 69RamFan
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I'm surprise that the RAMs didn't go after Groy, this year...
he was a Kromer favorite...
they were willing to pay him 5mil/2yrs in 2017,,,
Now he signed a FA contract for 800k/1yr for 2019 with N.O.
Man, did his stock dropped....

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:McVay’s words about his 6th lineman make me think they aren’t super confident.
I actually am really happy with Edwards and am fine with him as the 4th tackle... and am not sure he wouldn’t be the first backup on the field if a tackle was injured, rather than moving Noteboom to tackle & putting Demby on the field.
They don’t have any interior line depth at the moment, imo.

John Sullivan is still a phone call away.

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I guess. But, I'm more worried about guard depth at the moment. Nothing makes me feel good about any of the backups at guard. I have faith Blythe could handle center for a stretch.. but that puts Demby on the field.

How about Vlad Ducasse? Released by Bills a couple of weeks ago.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:John Sullivan is still a phone call away.

for good reason imo.

by AvengerRam
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:for good reason imo.

Agreed. If the Rams wanted him, he'd be a Ram (and the fact that no other team has signed him is likewise telling).

• 1 / 2
19 posts Apr 20 2024