5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Post is a little late but if you're desperate for some NFL to watch, it's sort of a reason to tune into the Browns/Colts.

by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

I wonder what it is that Gilbert doesn't show that keeps him from sticking as a backup? He seems like he's at least as good as many of the backups around the league but he'll be lucky to make the Browns roster. I'd certainly take him over Drew Stanton if I were the Browns. Stanton is a backup at best while Gilbert, potentially could be a borderline starter. He hasn't clearly established what he could be while Stanton has.

by dieterbrock
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I wonder what it is that Gilbert doesn't show that keeps him from sticking as a backup? He seems like he's at least as good as many of the backups around the league but he'll be lucky to make the Browns roster. I'd certainly take him over Drew Stanton if I were the Browns. Stanton is a backup at best while Gilbert, potentially could be a borderline starter. He hasn't clearly established what he could be while Stanton has.

I think you answered your own question. What have we seen of him? Really nothing. They seem him in practice etc. and nobody has kept him. He’s thrown 2 career passes. Stanton has plenty of experience, can give a team almost an additional

by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I think you answered your own question. What have we seen of him? Really nothing. They seem him in practice etc. and nobody has kept him. He’s thrown 2 career passes. Stanton has plenty of experience, can give a team almost an additional
Not in NFL games but when he got a chance to play in the AAF and with how he looks right now, seems viable. Better than Stanton, which isn't saying much.

by dieterbrock
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Not in NFL games but when he got a chance to play in the AAF and with how he looks right now, seems viable. Better than Stanton, which isn't saying much.

I think pre-season holds more weight than AAF, which isn’t saying much. Stanton has been effective in some actual games, not sure how they’re really comparable?
Frankly, I wouldn’t want either....

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 19 2024