54 posts
  • 1 / 6
 by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Updated: 8/29/19 after Irvine, Napa Camp and Four Pre-Season Games.

Here is my 53 Man Roster prediction:

So Far set in stone: 21 Offense, 24 Defense, 3 ST (Made Changes)

Still a tossup for the last open spot for RB/WR

I like Davis over Kelly...

I like Webster over JoJo
Webster can play all of these positions, WR/PR/KR/ST

My bubble list is now at 9 players and my set in stone spots after four pre-season games from 24 on defense, and 21 on offense

24 locked/ 24 Defensive players

21 locked/ 23 Offensive players.....

3 ST Locked

3 open bubble spots.

The rest of the bubble players will be fighting for the last three openings, in which the coaching staff evaluates who would make the team better will be added to the roster....

(Did not count Neary as a bubble player since he will be suspended for the first four games) Plus he injured his knee.

23 Offense

2 QB
Goff
Bottles

4 RB
Gurley
Brown
Henderson
4th spot: Davis

I like Davis, he shows more slash when given the opportunity. And he seems to fine the holes...

They should send Kelly to PS, he is eligible for the PS
But Kelly could be the one the RAMs pick for that 4th spot...

6 WR
Cooks
Woods
Kupp
Reynolds
Thomas
6th spot: Webster (He walked off the field with help, could be cramps)

I like Webster because he showed me he can play as WR/KR/PR/ST

Natson, I believe he was sitting out, so he could be locked in....

Bubble: Hodge was fighting and showing he belongs in this league....
Hodges is very good, but we are way too deep...

We are so deep in WRs I see no way in hiding Hodge or Webster on the PS, they will get picked up real fast the minute either one gets cut...

3 TE
Higbee
Everett
Mundts *

(There was a Blanton showing,,, but a little too late... a PS member)

8 O-line
Whitworth
Noteboom
Allen
Blythe
RHav
Edwards (Rookie)*(The way he is playing, he could take over the 6th man up)
Evans (Rookie)*
Demby

Bubble: C/ Vitas Hrynkiewicz (He played a very good game, showed he can play both C/G)

Edward, Evans and Demby all sat out... so they are all Locked IMO
Unless we pick up someone after league cuts...

4gm Sup: Neary, (Will be suspended the first four game) Injured Knee.

Could be shopping for OL FA after cuts or Trade for a backup...

24 Defense

6 DL
AD
SJD
Brockers
JFM
Gaines (Rookie)
Fox (Locked)

Bubble: Smart

5 OLB/Edge Rushers
Fowler
Ebukam
Matthews (Can be move to ILB)
OO
Patrick

Bubble: Durham & Young
(Young must be hurt for the third straight game)

Injured: Lawler (With foot injury, most likely will be sent to the IR)

4 ILB
Littleton
Hager
Allen (Rookie)* (Man this guy is a stud, man he can hit,,,, I’m really liking this pick)
Howard (Locked, cause he sat out)

Injury: Kiser (Pec injury)

5 CB
Talib
Peters
NRC
Hill
Long (Rookie)

Bubble: D Williams and Peterson

4 Safeties
Weddle
J. Johnson
Rapp (Rookie) He is looking really good after two ps games
Christian *

Bubble: Scott (Rookie)*

3 ST
Hekker
GZ
McQ

Bubble1*
Bubble2*
Bubble3*

(*) These players will be rotating the seven Inactive players at game time....

Bubble players: 9 bubble players are fighting for the last three openings,

Here is my list in order of preference for my Bubble players for the last three spots

CB/25Peterson (I’m giving him the slight edge to make the team)

CB/31D. Williams (I'm giving him the slight edge to make the team)

C/G Vitas Hrynkiewicz (Showed some good tape at Center and Guard, held his own) (He could sneak in there at the final 53) I'm giving him a slight edge to make the team,,

OLB/96Durham UDFA (Has been looking good for a spot, has the size to play OLB/DE)

S/46Scott (I had him as a shoe in, but after 4PS games and other DBs stepping up, he is no longer a lock)

DT/92Smart

WR/Hodge, (We are just too deep at WR)

OLB/49Young )(Can't make the club sitting in the tub)

CB/36Hatfield (His stock is dropping on me) (Got hurt)

Any other inputs what others have seen would be appreciated

(I made updates since I started my prediction before camped)

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think Thomas is more of a lock than Natson and even though Vinny says otherwise, still think Kelly might be ahead of Davis...

by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I think Thomas is more of a lock than Natson and even though Vinny says otherwise, still think Kelly might be ahead of Davis...

The reason why I have Natson at the 5th spot, because he is the only one that has skill to return punts....no one comes close to him as a PR and they have been working him out with the second and third unit at WR/slot....

Yes I like Thomas way more than Natson as a WR, but as I stated,,, no one comes close as a PR.... this is why I got Natson as a lock spot....

And I agree with you on Kelly and Davis, I think its a toss up,,, but I like Davis better as a RB, because when he as the ball, he is a slasher.... kind of a now you see him, now you don't when hitting the hole....

by Indrid Cold
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Looks good to me. I'd pretty much agree with the 50 spots you have locked down, although I think the LB numbers may go down in favor of another OL and DL.

Dick84 wrote:I think they'll carry 9 OL once Neary is back.

I think Thomas is so much more of a physical presence than Hodge, that it's not even a contest.

I think they have to carry 9 OL even before Neary is back. Can't imagine going 4 games with only 1 interior OL backup (unless Evans is the 4th G, which I hope not). Someone not currently on the team will fill that 9th OL slot, IMO.

I completely agree on Thomas.

Similar to OL, I think there will be a 7th DL. Could be Smart or again someone not yet on the team.

Scott seems to be a near certainty to me. 6th CB and some of last LB spots seem like the only real mystery at this point.

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Hill is such a lock that they didn't even play him.

Hill is terrible imo. Good tackler, after his guy makes the catch. Don't see how he's a lock

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:He's #3 outside corner on the depth chart and they just gave him a contract with about $2 million guaranteed.
He's a lock.

And he's terrible lol. Kidding aside I see your point, but to me Peterson is the better player.

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Hill is such a lock that they didn't even play him.

Yeah, they signed him to a two year deal at 2 mil per year I believe. I gotta think he's in. He knows the defense pretty well, playing in it the past two seasons.

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Our two rookie offensive linemen had troubles in the Raider game. Although I think moving them around had a lot to do with it. Once a guy can settle down into one spot, he can start to feel comfortable. Then he can slowly learn another spot.

by Rams43
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   64  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Still way too early to call those final slots, of course, but a very fun exercise, nonetheless.

I like Kelly ahead of Davis by just a smidgen.

Wolford won’t make it to the ps. Someone will snatch him up. We either keep 3 QB’s or lose Wolford. Nice problem to have. BTW, Bortles is on a 1 year rental, whereas Wolford could be Goff’s quality backup for 4 years. Let’s see how Wolford plays in these next 3 ps games before we cross that bridge.

Not a big Mundt fan. Would love to see someone beat him out. Just sayin’.

Thomas is our 5th WR. Webster our 6th WR and PR. JoJo out. Sorry.

Gaines will probably beat out Joseph-Day as “starter”. However, both will see lots of snaps in a rotation so it’s probably a distinction without a difference.

That 4th and 5th spot at OLB is still wide open. OBO is on very thin ice. Just way too early to call. We need to see more snaps in these last 3 preseason games.

I think that the starter next to Littleton at ILB is still up in the air, too, although Kiser might have the thinnest of leads. Backups are very much still tbd,IMO. I do feel that the finalists will be more than adequate, however.

We have a very strong CB corps. So much so that I could easily see Troy Hill being traded away. Peterson and Williams have really impressed and frankly outplayed Hill, IMO.

Our S corps is gonna be the envy of the league. Scott is a lock, if only as a ST ace. Final slot? Who knows?

No matter how all these battles shake out we will have a final roster loaded at the top and quite deep in talented development players.

Don’t be surprised if Snead pulls off a trade or two for future picks. I see other teams that will likely give up late picks for some of these otherwise late cut players.

Very, very nice roster “problems” to have, huh?

• 1 / 6
54 posts Apr 16 2024